Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: My Summary of Prosper's Problems  (Read 223896 times)

nonattender

• View Profile
Re: My Summary of Prosper's Problems
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:35 am »

Sometimes a particular topic not attracting any response is NOT a function of its perfection in stating all that there is to say on that topic.
This is one of those times.  No more bumps please.  Aside from being in poor taste, it, as may appeal to your reason, sets a bad precedent.

If bumps are really that bad, let the moderators handle it.  Putting this discussion in the public arena instead of in PMs is petty and openly hostile.

The behavior I'm responding to is itself a direct response to the new moderation policy.

Bumping in this manner is nothing but a knowing/intentional end-run around that policy.

If you did not see that before I pointed it out to you, then I understand your response.

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 07:03:29 am »

Sometimes a particular topic not attracting any response is NOT a function of its perfection in stating all that there is to say on that topic.
This is one of those times.  No more bumps please.  Aside from being in poor taste, it, as may appeal to your reason, sets a bad precedent.

If bumps are really that bad, let the moderators handle it.  Putting this discussion in the public arena instead of in PMs is petty and openly hostile.

The behavior I'm responding to is itself a direct response to the new moderation policy.

Bumping in this manner is nothing but a knowing/intentional end-run around that policy.

If you did not see that before I pointed it out to you, then I understand your response.

-t

The original bump happened on April 30th, 2008; over 2 weeks before the new Lobby policy was instated.

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 09:12:08 am »

FWIW the bump get me to read it again and ask myself, "Have these problems been addressed?"  Depressingly, NO.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 10:06:56 am »

FWIW the bump get me to read it again and ask myself, "Have these problems been addressed?"  Depressingly, NO.

I'm pretty sure that's that point of the bumps.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 10:08:51 am »

I'm pretty sure that's that point of the bumps.
or new lenders
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

bookwyrm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 10:30:25 am »

*raises hand*

I have no idea what all this about new Lobby policy is, as I'm quite shiny and new, but I find this thread quite useful and informative despite it's age.  I'm glad it was on the front page where I could easily find it.

Bump.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 11:55:28 am »

Unless there is some other moderating policy of which I am not aware, this is complete BS.  The only recent moderating policy change I know of is Ferrix's decision to prevent new threads from being created in the Lobby, which was a direct result of the spate of "noise" threads created a few weeks ago.  That policy has absolutely nothing to do with my occasional bumping of this thread which is certainly, by any possible measure, "signal" not "noise" (regardless of whether you agree with it, it surely is pertinent for the Lobby).

As others have told you, your attack on me and my often-read and well-regarded thread is juvenile and hostile.  I don't intend to respond to any continuation of your attack that you may post here in the future.  I also request that the moderators split your attacks off of this thread and move them to a more appropriate location.  To facilitate this, I am reporting this post.

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 11:59:11 pm »

-t

Nonattender, while I agree that in general bumping isn't a good idea, I am not aware of a moderation policy on this board against bumping.

Could you enlighten me?

Thank you!

--One of the community moderators.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15:41 am »

Nonattender, while I agree that in general bumping isn't a good idea, I am not aware of a moderation policy on this board against bumping.

Could you enlighten me?

Thank you!

Could you please split this meta discussion off from my thread about Prosper's problems?  I thought the idea of the Lobby was to keep the posts about Prosper to facilitate good search engine results and a favorable impression on new visitors.  Thank you.

Heavens2Murgetroid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 12:41:51 am »

Unless there is some other moderating policy of which I am not aware, this is complete BS.  The only recent moderating policy change I know of is Ferrix's decision to prevent new threads from being created in the Lobby, which was a direct result of the spate of "noise" threads created a few weeks ago.  That policy has absolutely nothing to do with my occasional bumping of this thread which is certainly, by any possible measure, "signal" not "noise" (regardless of whether you agree with it, it surely is pertinent for the Lobby).

As others have told you, your attack on me and my often-read and well-regarded thread is juvenile and hostile.  I don't intend to respond to any continuation of your attack that you may post here in the future.  I also request that the moderators split your attacks off of this thread and move them to a more appropriate location.  To facilitate this, I am reporting this post.

Someone disagreeing with you is not an attack. 

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 01:21:30 am »

Someone disagreeing with you is not an attack. 

Someone disagreeing with my substantive points about Prosper is certainly not an attack, and is welcome.  Nonattender's hostile post about "mothers and children" and "book reports," etc., was most certainly an attack. 

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 05:05:12 am »

-t

Could you enlighten me?

Thank you!

Since no one cleaned out the lobby prior to Ferrix's nomination policy, old posts are left here to fester.  The end-run I was referring to is that, in the absense of being able to directly post something new, all one has to do to make crap float is to bump it up out of the sewer.

Let there be light.

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 06:39:11 am »

-t

Could you enlighten me?

Thank you!

Since no one cleaned out the lobby prior to Ferrix's nomination policy, old posts are left here to fester.  The end-run I was referring to is that, in the absense of being able to directly post something new, all one has to do to make crap float is to bump it up out of the sewer.

Let there be light.

-t

Reported.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 07:48:15 am »

-t

Could you enlighten me?

Thank you!

Let there be light.

-t

another end-run is take a useful thread and start crapping on it .. for example, who would move this thread here now?

you're

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 06:13:39 pm »

I have updated my OP a bit.  The most significant change is to reflect the current median Lendingstats projected ROI for all "moderately seasoned" Prosper lenders -- as of today, it is 2.50%http://www.lendingstats.com/lenders?loanCountFilter=1&loanAgeFilter=3&loanAmountFilter=0&submit=Filter&sort=estimatedROIColored&sortDirection=DESC&pageNum=226
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up