Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Big update tonight?  (Read 22340 times)

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
Re: Big update tonight?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 12:48:32 pm »

What is the "plus" about removing the verified bank account?  :ninja:
No kidding! Maybe to keep lenders from passing up listings with the account yet to be verified?  ???

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »

This may have been mentioned in another thread and I'm playing catchup:

https://www.prosper.com/secure/account/lender/lender_loan_details.aspx?id=7982
http://www.prosper.com/lend/listing.aspx?listingID=97110

Shows up top the collection agency as AmSher, but at the bottom:

Agency: Penncro Associates, Inc.
Payments collected: $3.49 after 3 weeks
Current fee: 15% of recovered funds

And as mentioned previously, only one or two of my late number match up with what is actually in the total.

Geeze. They probably shouldn't have tried to do anything "new" this close to PD.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 01:25:53 pm »

What is the "plus" about removing the verified bank account?  :ninja:

For the most part, it's confusing.  "Homewnership not verified" means (98% of the time) that the borrower doesn't own a home, but "Account not verified" very rarely means that the borrower doesn't have a bank account.

Prosper won't verify an account until a listing is 5% funded, unless the borrower knows the secret handshake.  And verification can several days.   That means that many (most?) listings start out as "unverified account."  Since Propser won't release the funds until a bank account is verified, every borrower becomes "account verified" at some point in time, or she doesn't get the cash.

The only reason to use this as a bidding criterion is to avoid having funds tied up in a listing that ultimately fails verification because the borrower cannot verify her account.  If, as Andrew says, most verification failures occur for reasons other than the bank account, the confusion likely outweighs the benefit.   
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

threnody

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 01:47:40 pm »

Good change, I think, is having 2nd loan criteria changed from 2 to 6 consecutive months on-time payments.

The "bank acct verified" explanation seems flakey.

gelt4u

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 04:18:50 pm »

They changed my active loans from 255 to 261. When you click on lending I see 19 1 months late.
When you click on 1 months late there is only 14 there. I guess they are trying to manipulate the numbers to maKE IT LOOK LIKE THERE is more active loans than there really is, so that the % of loans in some stage of late or default is misleading. 

Prosper your doing the same old tricks that all of us here on .org are used to.

my count (which was off earlier) is fixed now

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 04:20:19 pm »

They changed my active loans from 255 to 261. When you click on lending I see 19 1 months late.
When you click on 1 months late there is only 14 there. I guess they are trying to manipulate the numbers to maKE IT LOOK LIKE THERE is more active loans than there really is, so that the % of loans in some stage of late or default is misleading. 

Thank goodness we have .org which they seem to read more frequently than .com so they can see the problems and fix them  ;D
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

gelt4u

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 04:20:56 pm »

Thank goodness we have .org which they seem to read more frequently than .com so they can see the problems and fix them  ;D

;D

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 04:58:45 pm »

Right. If they had to rely on the "official" so-called forums, they wouldn't even begin to see the bug reports until after the messages passed moderation on Monday, whereas here on .org they can read the bug reports and fix them before people leave for Prosper Days.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 07:50:40 pm »

still some signal here
if approached with detachment
happy to see it

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

zcommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 08:11:50 pm »

Overall, I guess the update has some nice things.  I'm glad they got rid of the account verified thing because it was mostly meaningless anyway.  My question is: is this all?  Or will there be another update tomorrow?

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 08:20:34 pm »

Overall, I guess the update has some nice things.  I'm glad they got rid of the account verified thing because it was mostly meaningless anyway.  My question is: is this all?  Or will there be another update tomorrow?

I would predict another big update next week, perhaps not tomorrow, but towards the end/middle of the week. How much would I bet on it? A cup of coffee or a snickers bar (not a bid). I have a horrible feeling that they still haven't done all the heavy lifting for the much-anticipated secondary market. That might just be my pessimistic mood. I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised shortly after PD08.
Old Stump
My blog

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 08:22:34 pm »

The secondary market is conspicuously absent, but I guess they want to save as much as possible until the evening before PD, so they can spend the majority of time at PD explaining new stuff, rather than having to explain their lackluster performance thus far.

Illusionists refer to this as misdirection...
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 06:34:34 pm »

The secondary market is conspicuously absent, but I guess they want to save as much as possible until the evening before PD, so they can spend the majority of time at PD explaining new stuff, rather than having to explain their lackluster performance thus far.

Illusionists refer to this as misdirection...

No announcement of maintenance downtime for tonight.
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »

still some signal here
if approached with detachment
happy to see it

-t

Prosper Haiku?

Caladia

• View Profile
Accept the ease with which it can be done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up