Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amsher collection stats problem  (Read 9088 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Amsher collection stats problem
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 09:30:20 pm »

I screwed up on this one.   :o  Prosper Andrew finally straighened me out.

I track the "lifetime" stat columns on the collections page.  The lifetime counts include dead as well as live collections accounts.  (Dead = either cured or defaulted)   Of course, when they transferred to Amsher, they only transferred the live ones.  The 2000 or so missing accounts were the dead ones.  With that understanding, I can add back the missing dead accounts, and proceed to use the lifetime stats as I did before the disruption.

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 10:45:27 am »

Got a response from Prosper Andrew.  I asked about the 2167 loans that disappeared from the collection stats page.   He responded that they are at Amsher and in the process of being moved databasewise. 

Strange, but that's the official answer.

Edited to say -- Now I see that Andrew gave you a better answer now.   
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 10:48:51 am by mhs505 »

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 09:50:08 pm »

So the "retain Penncro" deadline was 2/4/08 and the loans were transferred the next day, 2/5/08, and today is 3/6/08, so they have now had 30 days to work with the "live" loans.

They have brought between 1.2%-2.3% current during their first 30 days?

If that's correct, I want to know how I can select "Limbo" as my default CA.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:09:10 pm »

So the "retain Penncro" deadline was 2/4/08 and the loans were transferred the next day, 2/5/08, and today is 3/6/08, so they have now had 30 days to work with the "live" loans.

If that's correct, I want to know how I can select "Limbo" as my default CA.

Prosper_Somebody has said that the accounts arrived at AmSher on the day after they were removed from Penncro.  However, it's unclear (at least to me) what date the accounts were actually removed from Penncro.  Recall that there was a second round of balloting well after February 4, even if the voting deadline remained the same and the outcome was already determined.  Plus, Doug Fuller didn't visit AmSher to program their auto-dialer until after Prosper Days.

In other words, I wouldn't be quite so quick to fault AmSher.  OTOH, if things don't pick up signficantly by the end of this month ....

"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 10:20:02 pm »

Remember, what Amsher was initially given by Prosper wasn't fresh meat.  It was mostly the old dried out stuff that had been lying around Penncro for months.  Therefore, the stats that prosper provides us aren't directly comparable. 

However, I have worked backwards, computing the numbers of cured loans each day, and then knowing the total number and the cured number, I have added them and then computed the ratio and thus have built a continuous statistic that represents the combined collection efforts of the two companies, and doesn't suffer from the same discontinuity as the prosper data.  It looks kinda flat looking since the handoff.   So, nothing special from Amsher yet.  At some point here we gotta expect to see some good results.  I don't know how long to wait to make that judgement.  To be entirely fair to them, we should wait until they have had the chance to work on a significant amount of fresh meat.  To be fair to lenders, on the other hand, we should demand miracles immediately.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up