Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New book on how to use Prosper.com  (Read 12641 times)

raalcala

• View Profile
Re: New book on how to use Prosper.com
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 02:40:29 pm »

I live in Nebraska and I wouldn't go without an A/C.  It is hot and humid in the summer. 
Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. --Robert Orben

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 02:41:18 pm »

I can guarantee you I would sell blood if I needed to in order to get/fix AC!!
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 05:23:25 pm »

Ohio is freakishly hot in the summer and has humidity that will kill most mortals.

Amazing that Ohio ever became populated in the first place, isn't it?

misssalaska2000

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »

Alright.  I stand corrected.  Of course I didn't have A/C in AK, but even here in Denver, it's survivable without it.  (I didn't have A/C for the first two summers I lived here.)  It gets HOT, but drinking lots of water and having lots of fans helped.

ETA:  Annnnnnnd.... I lived in the middle of the (one patch among the cornfields) words in Iowa for a summer as a camp counselor.  It was hot, but you make due, right?  I mean, when you're IN CREDIT COUNSELING, you should probably not have your A/C fixed, right? ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 06:34:36 pm by misssalaska2000 »

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 06:53:55 pm »

Ohio is freakishly hot in the summer and has humidity that will kill most mortals.

Amazing that Ohio ever became populated in the first place, isn't it?

Seriously.  My in-laws moved there willingly.  I'll grant you that the area does have nice people, low cost of living, family center values, etc but that does not make up for their summers.  I told my father-in-law he's just begun to make amends to me for their heat by building a swimming pool in his backyard.

lenderguy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 12:47:25 am »

Alright.  I stand corrected.  Of course I didn't have A/C in AK, but even here in Denver, it's survivable without it.  (I didn't have A/C for the first two summers I lived here.)  It gets HOT, but drinking lots of water and having lots of fans helped.

In the northern parts of this country, it gets "a/c hot" about one week out of the year.  Okay, we can all suck that up.

I lived in Los Angeles for three years.  It gets "a/c hot" often enough in the part of the city that I lived that it warranted having a/c.  In fact, I waged a war with my landlady over it.

Prior to that, I lived in DC for three years.  Let me tell ya; one can surivive "dry heat" hot rather easily, but temps quite a bit cooler but with high humidity are abosulte torture.

Seriously, having heat in LA is like having A/C in some parts of this country -- nice, but livable without.  I think I used the heat for about one month out of the year in Los Angeles.

Boy, was it nice not having to drive in snow.  Probably the only thing about LA that I miss.

raalcala

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 08:57:25 am »

I like living in a place that has the 4 seasons, but the older I get, I am getting tired of the winters.  I hate the snow and cold. 
Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. --Robert Orben

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 09:26:27 am »

I'd rather drive in snow than that damn LA traffic
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

raalcala

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 09:31:36 am »

I'd rather drive in snow than that damn LA traffic

never been to LA

NPX

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 09:45:33 am »

raalcala

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 09:49:25 am »

I hate the snow and cold. 

:-[

Compared to where you are, I have nothing to complain about.  ;)

threnody

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 11:56:56 am »

I like living in a place that has the 4 seasons, but the older I get, I am getting tired of the winters.  I hate the snow and cold. 

+1

Two seasons here in Minnesota.... Winter and Road Construction.
Right now I have the humidifier running. I have seen the temp at -50 below 0 with windchill.
During the summer, I have the dehumidifier running. Seen the temp at 110 for 2 weeks straight, average 90.  Hot, sticky, miserable. 

In 3 yrs, when daughter turns 18, I hope to move west; Ore or Wa, to be near my parents.

raalcala

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 03:29:49 pm »

+1

Two seasons here in Minnesota.... Winter and Road Construction.
Right now I have the humidifier running. I have seen the temp at -50 below 0 with windchill.
During the summer, I have the dehumidifier running. Seen the temp at 110 for 2 weeks straight, average 90.  Hot, sticky, miserable. 

In 3 yrs, when daughter turns 18, I hope to move west; Ore or Wa, to be near my parents.

I see you also have a road construction season.  I thought it was only us.   ;D

ravenrock

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »

hmmmm....  i wonder if this is the same sean bauer who is +2 on listing 184734 / loan 18373 for 25k?

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 03:46:20 pm »

The guy in the picture in the press release could indeed be the same as the guy in the picture in the listing

And sean1091's info matches the press release: he is indeed a GL, lender, and borrower.  He borrowed and paid $1K, then borrowerd $25K.  (So this is how he's "borrowed over $25,000".)

I guess the book didn't sell well.  Maybe he shudda offered clinics instead.   ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up