Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper.com Articles  (Read 3062 times)

Cushie

• View Profile
Prosper.com Articles
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:22:42 am »

I figure I'll throw any articles I find in here, unless it's something extraordinary.  Here's today's contribution:

http://www.digtriad.com/business/consumer/article.aspx?storyid=100046&catid=32
Web World: Save Some Green Online, Thanks To A Stranger
Posted by: Maila Rible, Web Producer     1 hr ago (3/18/2008 10:23:41 AM)

For example, let's suppose you're looking for a loan. Obviously you want the best interest rate possible. But the bank might be a little stingy when you explain you want to invest in sea monkey futures. So why not ask... a stranger?

Prosper.com brings people who need money together with people who have money and want to make more money.

Borrowers create a profile listing financial history and what interest rate they're willing to pay. Prosper.com then lets would-be lenders bid on part of the loan. The site rolls the lenders with the lowest interest rates together to fully fund the loan. Borrowers then have three years to repay the cash.

(more in article, but not pretty basic info)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
Re: Prosper.com Articles
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:44:07 am »

is it the same stuff regurtitated over and over again? I'm not feeling very motivated to click the link.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:46:48 am »

is it the same stuff regurtitated over and over again? I'm not feeling very motivated to click the link.

P-----r doesn't even get a nod until the end of the article and it is a basically useless article all around. In addition to Cushie's post, this is all the rest that is said about p-----r:

Just like other kinds of investments, lenders make money from interest on the loan. The site's operators say this is as secure as any legitimate investment, however they don't insure against borrowers who default.

So the best rule of thumb is "don't lend what you can't afford to lose."
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:10:57 pm »

Sheesh -- a 1000 character limit on comments, so I couldn't post my usual.  But I did post a link to .org.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:16:18 pm »

Not an article, per say but the NE Chapter of Hedgefund Managers is meeting and it's open to the public.

Hedge Fund Association is pleased to present Emerging Marketplaces with speakers Kirk Inglis, the CFO of Prosper and Justin A. Brownhill, the Co-founder and CEO of The Receivables Exchange.   Generously sponsored by Fidelity Ventures, the event will take place at the Downtown Boston Harvard Club, One Federal Street, 38th Floor, on Wednesday, March 26th from 6-8pm. Registration begins at 6:00pm; the program starts promptly at 6:15pm followed by cocktails.  Registration is open to Association members and non-members for $25, and can be completed online at www.thehfa.org.
http://www.hedgeco.net/news/03/2008/ne-chapter-of-hedge-fund-association-to-present-emerging-marketplaces.html

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 04:49:28 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:48:08 am by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.
Pages: [1]   Go Up