Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evaluation of Prosper.com  (Read 4264 times)

HollowOak

• View Profile
Evaluation of Prosper.com
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:24:34 pm »

I just found this and am in a hurry to do other things, so I've not checked it out in depth, but the information may be interesting for others to see:

http://www.quantcast.com/search/prosper.com
Old Stump
My blog

Mtnchick

• View Profile
Re: Evaluation of Prosper.com
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:37:37 pm »

This site reaches over 151K U.S. monthly uniques. The site caters to a more African American, more affluent audience.The typical visitor visits interest.com, banks at HSBC, and uses PayPal.

Now how the heck do they know the color of the clickers and how much money they have?? Considering there are more borrowers than lenders, I'd hazard a guess that it's not a "more affluent audience".
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:00:26 pm »

This site reaches over 151K U.S. monthly uniques. The site caters to a more African American, more affluent audience.The typical visitor visits interest.com, banks at HSBC, and uses PayPal.

Now how the heck do they know the color of the clickers and how much money they have?? Considering there are more borrowers than lenders, I'd hazard a guess that it's not a "more affluent audience".

What a peculiar description.  Obviously, I have no idea about the background of Prosper's entire membership, but I can say that African Americans seemed to be underrepresented at Prosper Days 2007.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:18:17 am »

I like the list of Keywords for Prosper (which the glossary explains are often, though not always, the keywords that brought people to the site):
Audience Keywords Keyword Affinity
 prosper 539.7x
 bad credit personal signature ... 214.1x
 internet unsecured loans no cr... 174.8x
 person to person lending 174.8x
 unsecured personal loans 162.5x
 loan sharks 129.0x
 bad credit personal loan 129.0x
 installment loans 127.7x
 borrow money 119.8x
 bad credit loan 108.1x
 person to person loans 99.9x
 private bad credit lenders 99.9x
 unsecured loans for bad credit 99.9x
 guaranteed online personal loa ... 99.2x
 loans for bad credit 91.6x

Six of the fifteen entries include "bad credit," another is "loan sharks," while another stresses "no credit check."  Who says that Prosper doesn't attract prime borrowers?  :o
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

patio11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 06:47:07 am »

For what it's worth, I plugged my own small business into there.  While their traffic numbers were off by more than a bit, they had my demographic described essentially accurately.  While the numbers are probably wild hindquarter guesses due to sampling issues, they correctly pegged my audience as heavily female, over-educated, caught both peaks of the income distribution (I was impressed by that one, to say the least!), and they absolutely nailed the age distribution.

Remember, though, Prosper would have audience data from two seperate, and very unequal, groups.  This could give their algorithms some headaches.  Example: black participation on the Internet lags white participation substantially, so if blacks are overrepresented in the Prosper borrower population they'd peg Prosper as a black-oriented (or skewing, or whatever) site pretty quickly.  Similarly, we have to have a much larger rate of participation by people earning $100k+ than your average website.

(I'd be interested in seeing what TMF has.  Oh wait, I can!  And, holy cow, if they're right no wonder TMF is an advertising dream...)

dvd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:14 pm »

Well. The site is not quite that useful..

For cs.colorado.edu it says: "The destination attracts a more educated, very slightly male biased audience.The typical visitor reads acm.org, attends Stanford, and visits the Smithsonian."
Somehow I suspect that this might not be quite accurate.

- dvd
Visit www.prospers.org/irc ! Chat live with other Prosper-users.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 10:45:20 pm »

Well. The site is not quite that useful..

For cs.colorado.edu it says: "The destination attracts a more educated, very slightly male biased audience.The typical visitor reads acm.org, attends Stanford, and visits the Smithsonian."
Somehow I suspect that this might not be quite accurate.

- dvd

:D :D :D
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 12:28:02 pm »

Not enough data for prospers.org yet, but we now know this:

This site reaches fewer than 2000 U.S. monthly uniques. The site is popular among a HH income up to $60k audience.

It is also confirmed that there aren't a lot of women here, the site is fairly middle aged, has a lot of lower-to-middle income visitors, is more well educated than average, and has less young children at home than many other sites...

http://www.quantcast.com/prospers.org

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 07:55:27 pm »

Not enough data for prospers.org yet, but we now know this:

This site reaches fewer than 2000 U.S. monthly uniques. The site is popular among a HH income up to $60k audience.

It is also confirmed that there aren't a lot of women here, the site is fairly middle aged, has a lot of lower-to-middle income visitors, is more well educated than average, and has less young children at home than many other sites...

http://www.quantcast.com/prospers.org

Huh.  Nothing about how good looking of a bunch we are?
Pages: [1]   Go Up