Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP Me Please!  (Read 8022 times)

Senator

• View Profile
Re: HELP Me Please!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 11:29:21 pm »

:'(

I need help...honest to god help!  I am 28yrs old, married a financial disaster of a man, now I'm a single mommy of 4! My car is gonna be repossesed if I don't pay by the 25th so I need to trade it down...but I may be a bit upside down and my credit is bad so I'm afraid I won't qualify without some money down. On my credit report my debt without the car loan is only about $2K.  I need to find a way to get a loan similar to prosper (they don't offer loans in my state) ASAP.

If there is any other site that doesn't have limitations on credit score or states. Or if there's some wonderful people that will trust me I would appreciate it, I'm sure there's some sort of 3rd party that would do the deal for us so neither would get burnt.

Thank you all for your responses.

Did you go to public school?   :P
???
WTF? 
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

jmathree

• Donate to St. Jude's at http://www.tg.stjude.org/
    • View Profile
    • Prosperlinks
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 08:53:03 am »

:'(

I need help...honest to god help!  I am 28yrs old, married a financial disaster of a man, now I'm a single mommy of 4! My car is gonna be repossesed if I don't pay by the 25th so I need to trade it down...but I may be a bit upside down and my credit is bad so I'm afraid I won't qualify without some money down. On my credit report my debt without the car loan is only about $2K.  I need to find a way to get a loan similar to prosper (they don't offer loans in my state) ASAP.

If there is any other site that doesn't have limitations on credit score or states. Or if there's some wonderful people that will trust me I would appreciate it, I'm sure there's some sort of 3rd party that would do the deal for us so neither would get burnt.

Thank you all for your responses.

Did you go to public school?   :P
???
WTF? 

He's got a poll going in Off Topic where the discussion has turned largely to whether or not public schools produce more people who can or can't support themselves than there are who don't or didn't attend public school.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:56:23 am by jmathree »
Due to Prosper's change in policy to allow links to 3rd party discussion forums in user profiles noted in this thread, I have updated  my profile to help Prosper members find discussion forums, blogs, and stats and analysis sites to help them succeed on Prosper.com.

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 06:18:29 pm »

I would suggest a variation of the following as a way to get some quick cash:

Focus groups (I'm doing one on Tuesday that pays $150 for an hour and a half)
Mystery Shopping (again, I'm doing three next week.  It's free food/gas/item for a convience store plus about $50 total)
Sell plasma (I passed that phase about 15 years ago)
Offer to do odd jobs around other people's homes (my 14 year old is doing that @ $8 an hour, put an ad on craigslist)
Sell what you have or have a garage sale
---------

Any combo of the above will net you quick cash but seriously put some thought to letting the car be repo'ed (or sell it if you can make ANY amount of money on it, including one dolllar).  Then save the monthly payment and buy a car.  You can also save a tremendous amount of money by tweaking your food for the month - make lots of lentil soups, rice, and use up every bit of leftovers in your pantry.

The last thing you need to do is borrow more money and dig deeper.  Try and make do with what you have currently or less - if you work your budget you can survive on way less than you likely think.  Do you have cable?

Good luck!

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 09:09:13 pm »

Oh Cushie,
Your advice reminds me of the good old days when we all thought we could educate borrowers. 

I remember Penelope even sending every woman that asked a book on finance.  Nothing helped.

We learned, the banks really do know best. There is a reason they lend to people that can prove they are ready, willing and able to repay their loans; and still they get burned.

My lending criteria has so drastically changed, I can't figure out why Lending Stats still rates me below pensioner. Will I ever live down the first 18 months folly?
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

mjerryfirst

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 02:49:56 am »

Contact DakotahFury.  He should be willing to save you.
Those who prudently pick borrowers don't need to complain and post about lates, collections and defaults.

cowdog

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 03:53:24 am »

Teh cowdog is really very disappointed with this crowd.

No one has yet asked the OP "the question."

:ninja:

DakotahFury

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 09:26:36 am »

Contact DakotahFury.  He should be willing to save you.
She should move to Urbana...I'm sure Jerry has a place for her to live in. It probably doesn't meet building-codes...but that's irrelevant, right?  ;)
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up