Ice Cream
- 21 (30.9%)
Puppies
- 18 (26.5%)
Chimps!
- 4 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Makes You Happiest?  (Read 10300 times)

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
Re: What Makes You Happiest?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 11:06:24 am »

God I hope those girls treat him right... Three against one. I grew up in that situation.

That explains so much...

I grew up in the opposite, 3 boys and 1 girl.  The girl is the youngest, I'm the youngest boy.

beerbud1

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 02:56:34 pm »

God I hope those girls treat him right... Three against one. I grew up in that situation.

That explains so much...

I grew up in the opposite, 3 boys and 1 girl.  The girl is the youngest, I'm the youngest boy.

Care to be more specific?

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 06:55:38 pm »

" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

Caladia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 06:11:04 pm »

This is such a good question-- always nice to have an excuse to think about happy things! 

My family (including my sweetie), sunshine, books, flowers, swimming at the beach, having friends over, good food, hammocks, a job well done, kittens, puppies, bunnies, horses, long walks, thunderstorms, outdoor cafes, interesting conversations and various combinations thereof. 
Accept the ease with which it can be done.

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 06:45:38 pm »

Outdoor cafes is a good one.  Aside from the usual (family, friends, blah blah) I am very happy when I bite into the perfect apple, cherry, berry, etc.  Sunny days.  Pools, lakes, bodies of water.  Absolute happiest is having my family gathered around, getting along, creating a memory.

d94e59b6

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 07:25:07 pm »

Outdoor cafes is a good one.  Aside from the usual (family, friends, blah blah) I am very happy when I bite into the perfect apple, cherry, berry, etc.  Sunny days.  Pools, lakes, bodies of water.  Absolute happiest is having my family gathered around, getting along, creating a memory.
I'm with you on the outdoor cafes and bodies of water.  Since I have to work some this summer, I've been meeting parents at the local Starbucks and getting a private table outdoors.  I always get fruit and tea and we just talk--getting information for the assessment, as the schools are closed.  It is so much more relaxed and the parents are so nice--I can't believe I'm being paid for this!  Then I get home and my beautiful boy (13) is still sleeping so I don't miss a thing.  Also wonderful is my mini spa week vacation I have planned since I can't afford to go anywhere.  DS is at a gourmet Italian cooking class each morning all next week and I will be hanging out in Alameda waiting for him.  I've decided I will get the full salon treatment while he is in class--one day at a time.  I won't go cheap for the color and cut, but for the massage, facial and pedicure there are a lot of inexpensive Vietnamese salons.  (I don't know how they stay in business.)  Should feel like a million by Friday.   When not getting the works,  Will have my laptop with me and I can also write reports while hanging out at a cafe overlooking the marina.  DS should be happy too.  He is a handsome boy and there is a 3:1 ratio of girls to boys in the cooking class.  Then we will fresh produce, go home, and cook together.  It all should make for some nice memories.

peterhanson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 09:14:06 am »

My family - definitely makes me most happy :-)

mar0270

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 04:07:44 pm »

can't believe Puppies are coming in second ???
DISCLAMER
“Investment” Is loosely used in my involvement with P2P lending and all money “in play” at this time is disposable and being used for its entertainment value. Please note at no time has the dispersal of funds into P2P lending been viewed by myself as an investment. And all risks taken are attributed to a “NEAT IDEA” factor. Being thousands of miles from Vegas I do not have the opportunity to place said funds on red and let it ride till it is gone. Nor do I feel I would have gained valuable insight that I have gained here if I was afforded the opportunity to access the Vegas option.

mar0270

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 04:09:50 pm »

Ice Cream NEVER saved Timmy from a well!! ;D
DISCLAMER
“Investment” Is loosely used in my involvement with P2P lending and all money “in play” at this time is disposable and being used for its entertainment value. Please note at no time has the dispersal of funds into P2P lending been viewed by myself as an investment. And all risks taken are attributed to a “NEAT IDEA” factor. Being thousands of miles from Vegas I do not have the opportunity to place said funds on red and let it ride till it is gone. Nor do I feel I would have gained valuable insight that I have gained here if I was afforded the opportunity to access the Vegas option.

Caladia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 12:05:55 pm »

Mmmmm... now I'm craving a bowl of bing cherries.  (Possibly with ICE CREAM!!!  :D)

red12049

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 09:10:47 pm »

hmmm..... my kids... my grandkids..... the very early morning hours, when the day is still so new and quiet the possibilities for it are endless....good sex (especially early in the morning....  the fact that so far I've beaten the odds and am still here to type this...

R
“In times of change the learners will inherit the earth, while the knowers will find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists. ”- Eric Hoffer

Hillary, in most cases, is not really "lying" -- she is applying her lawyerly instinct to parse words very finely, which sometimes seems to non-lawyers to be a lie, but actually isn't.

"The fundamental cause of trouble is that the stupid are cocksure, while the intelligent are full of doubt."  Bertrand Russell

Tiptopper

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 09:12:48 pm »

Home made on the farm ice cream, when all my uncles and cousins cranked the handle till they couldn't, so cold it gave Dad a "Ice Cream Headache"
d

Caladia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 09:44:26 pm »

Home made on the farm ice cream, when all my uncles and cousins cranked the handle till they couldn't, so cold it gave Dad a "Ice Cream Headache"
d

:) Oh yeah!  We used to make hand-cranked ice cream when I was growing up.  Several years ago I bought a hand-crank ice cream maker just for the nostalgia.  I make sure to use it at least once every summer.  Something about ice cream that everybody had a hand in making (and yes, cranking those suckers is *hard*, especially after it starts to freeze!) just makes it extra delicious.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up