Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Former Lender  (Read 2826 times)

southerngent40

• View Profile
Former Lender
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:29:47 pm »

I have been lurking here since Prosper changed it's boards and made them mostly "anti- community" (as in no post get thru that don't tow the Prosper line of everything is great). I posted over there even after I stopped lending so maybe some newbies could learn from my mistakes. Now that many of the new lenders can't see the true numbers and ROI graphs posted by other seasoned lenders, I wonder how long it will be before things implode on Prosper again and the new crowd revolts and starts gettng banded.

Greebo

• Fight Online Censorship
    • View Profile
Re: Former Lender
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:50:14 pm »

They won't revolt, because Prosper won't let them.  As soon as anyone starts going negative in their posts on the forums, they'll stop getting past moderation.

If you really want change...vote 3rd party.

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:51:03 pm »

Has the revolt started?

Prosper likes to print all the success stories.  I'm a person with not a lot of money, who was looking for a place to just make a decent return, since bank/CD interest is so low and stock market, etc so risky.  I did what was suggested, started slow (I've but in $750 over the past year), made small loans (11), diversified over credit grades, etc.  I had one go into collections last fall, so I started focusing more on A and AA credit grades.  So one of those A loans is now in collections also.  If you subtract out the value of those two loans, which I'm apparently not going to see, my $750 has turned in to $700 in a year.  If I never have another default, it will take a long time to make that up, if ever.  I know there's no guarantees, but besides being angry that borrowers who know they are taking away from an individual who reached out to them (I've even contacted them personally) seem to default so readily, I'm also a bit miffed at Prosper.  I think they over-hype their success.  They also promised that defaulted loans would be sold, so you would get something back on them.  The first loan has been in default since last fall, and apparently I'm never going to see a penny of the $92 still owed on a $100 loan.  Lenders beware this is not all as sweetness and light as they like to suggest.  I'm outahere!

https://connect.prosper.com/t/2665.aspx

How did this pass moderation?
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 03:02:22 pm »

I have been lurking here...

Why so long (5 months) before posting?

PassionG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:40:24 pm »

I remember you.  Welcome back!

Torrey
Prosper needs to realize that trying to shut people up does nothing but make them talk louder. Of course, this is a lesson they should have been learning since Black Friday and they still haven't figured it out.

Quote from: Passiong
Prospers.org needs to realize that trying to shut me up does nothing but make me talk louder. Of course, this is a lesson they should have been learning since I joined and they still haven't figured it out.
Both loans PAID IN FULL.  Told ya.  :)  Thanks lenders!
Pages: [1]   Go Up