Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is why people stop paying their PMI loan  (Read 2235 times)

iLIE

• View Profile
This is why people stop paying their PMI loan
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:52:11 am »

Capital One CFO Gary Perlin noted a "striking finding" that about two-thirds of its credit-card customers who were 90 days or more past due on mortgage payments were still current with credit-card payments. That figure has remained steady over the past year, he said, because consumers "have a bias to pay the loans that...provide enduring value."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10413643/1/credit-card-debt-the-next-possible-implosion.html
By such logic, at least 66% of consumers value credit-card purchases above their homes. Certainly that's true for some who feel a need to have the latest fashion, accessories, technology and cars, regardless of financial circumstances. But others place higher importance on credit cards because they're a means to purchase immediate needs, like food and gasoline, when cash isn't available. For those with adjustable-rate mortgages that reset at higher rates, perhaps making huge mortgage payments on a home whose value is plummeting seems like throwing cash into a black hole.

ETA..This is bama on another login
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Senator

• View Profile
Re: This is why people stop paying their PMI loan
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:01:17 am »

ETA..This is bama on another login
Why you using another login?
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:17:01 am »

Timmy hasn't been out in a while so i'm taking him to join the "crips"
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

droolingelmo

• Before my tan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 03:18:31 pm »

Maybe I was wrong and medication can't help a split personality.

Bama has more balls than Timmy.  Beat Timmy back into the closet.
Alexander Tyler (1787) "As for survival of a democracy, history shows two hundred years is its estimated average length. You see, once the majority discovers they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury, that democracy is destined to collapse due to loose fiscal policy."
Pages: [1]   Go Up