Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on with my borrowers?  (Read 8328 times)

ira01

• View Profile
What's going on with my borrowers?
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:28:56 pm »

Two new Late<15's (one yesterday, one today).  Both had spotless payment histories with 11 payments.  Hopefully it is just a glitch, but it is still frustrating. 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

vsqueen

• View Profile
Re: What's going on with my borrowers?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 12:55:57 pm »

I feel for you.  I have a borrower that has just gone late for the first time in almost 2 years. 

An AA that had made 22 on time payments. 

Not encouraging. 
A drunk girl's lips are a sober girl's desire.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:02:58 pm »

It really does bring home the lesson that we see in the various late loan graphs that no loan is safe until it is fully paid off.  Although I imagine that there will be few defaults on loans in the last several months, since most borrowers would rather scrape up a few last payments than take the credit hit, there will be a whole other category of problems with all of the loans that have had a number of lates along the way, when the borrowers get a big surprise that their final payment is a balloon payment due to the late charges.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 01:26:09 pm »

You guys are too pessimistic.Almost 85% of the borrowers are repaying.
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

dlv1945

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:29:10 pm »

Thanks, I feel much better now.
We Americans are the ultimate innocents.
We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth.
-- Sydney Schanberg

rain - reign - rein.
there - they're - their.
There's a difference.
-- Grammar police

snake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 01:42:07 pm »

.....within the first six months  :D

TJGbank

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 07:28:46 pm »

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:25:33 am by TJGbank »
Dot org was once a great place for discussion, conversion, and stock tips.  Now it's a wasteland of IRA01 calling people morans, cunts, and more while members stand around watching it happen and they don't give a shit.  Congrats white toast observers.  I have better ways of spending my time.  My Parthian shot, Nice Tie!

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 01:25:32 pm »

I've noticed that currently. Over the weekend, two loans have slipped into <15 dayes late. I don't know if Prosper can't figure out the pulls or what? I'm used to seeing the pull noted as occuring the day before payment date (or Friday for weekend payments). Now, the due date seems to come and go and nothing.

This latest incarnation of P.com is pure rubbish.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 03:25:57 pm »

Toto, are those two loans due to pay off in the next few days?  If so, it's an accounting glitch.  I have two new <15s, which should be payoff in progress.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 04:18:51 pm »

Nope. Actually, one - only 7 months old - has been paying manually. Due date is the 22nd, they paid on 20th. It's still showing as processing. My guess is payment didn't go through but Prosper's fucked up programming can't keep everything straight. I imagine it'll be reversed out shortly.

The other loan - Sep. '08 - has been late for most of 2010. Paid 8 days late in January, 20 days late in February, and made a double payment in April to come current. They're scraping and clawing. Original payments had been automatic. Latest was pulled on 18th, rejected on the 20th.

So, I guess it wasn't really as bad as it originally seemed. (Yes it's bad, but not totally glitchy bad). It just seems weird, my loans go late 2 at a time.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 08:54:52 pm »

Two new Late<15's (one yesterday, one today).  Both had spotless payment histories with 11 payments.  Hopefully it is just a glitch, but it is still frustrating. 
Was it a glitch?

bug: a fault or defect in a computer program, system, or machine

ideal-value

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 03:25:03 am »

Yeah i'm having problems too.  On a couple of mine with perfect payment records, the time has past for payment, yet there is no auto-pull, no payment, and not marked with late.

bluestar148

• The Earth is a huge biology experiment.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:02 am »

My Prosper1 account is so distressed I don't even give a darn anymore. They can do with it what they want. It's pathetic. 13 Months with Lending Club and all is smooth. In fact I have added 23 loans this month. I'm beating the banks, money market funds, savings bonds, the stock market. Thanks Prosper.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 01:28:56 pm »

I have a theory.  My theory is that many prosper loans are showing up late for a few days because of the accounting software change.  For example, I looked at one loan which was flagged as "<15 days late", and saw that the most recent payment had not posted, but strangely the balance shown at the top of the loan detail page had been decremented!  Perhaps accounting for the payment is delayed, getting some displayed info out of synch for a few days. 

Time will tell.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:12 pm »

I have a theory.  My theory is that many prosper loans are showing up late for a few days because of the accounting software change.  For example, I looked at one loan which was flagged as "<15 days late", and saw that the most recent payment had not posted, but strangely the balance shown at the top of the loan detail page had been decremented!  Perhaps accounting for the payment is delayed, getting some displayed info out of synch for a few days. 

Time will tell.

I just don't get how they took one of the few things that was working correctly and screwed THAT up. And no communication...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up