Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you a new lender?  (Read 9043 times)

Maliciant

• View Profile
Re: Are you a new lender?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 10:06:21 am »

I knew a guy who ran a rent to own tv store, one of the craziest things he learned during that time is people will make a TV payment, even if they can't pay the electric, they are damn sure paying the tv payment... even to the point of being homeless, the TV goes in the back of the car they live out of and they make that payment.

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 10:51:47 am »

Cushie,i would have a hard time believing you(or anyone else) would sit in the dark with no electricity,& with no food to pay Prosper.

This question wasn't about what you had in the pantry,this question was where would you rank the loan.
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 02:27:11 pm »

Cushie,i would have a hard time believing you(or anyone else) would sit in the dark with no electricity,& with no food to pay Prosper.

This question wasn't about what you had in the pantry,this question was where would you rank the loan.

Putting the question that way would only work if there was no income coming in.  Since there is, that's my priority list.  Plus, I'm realistic.  I know that if you throw three random ingredients at me I can usually make something out of it, for example.

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:52 pm »

I'm sorry but there is no food.There aren't 3 ingredients for you to use.

Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 05:54:57 pm »

Putting the question that way would only work if there was no income coming in.  Since there is, that's my priority list.  Plus, I'm realistic.  I know that if you throw three random ingredients at me I can usually make something out of it, for example.

I'm afraid I have to agree with Bama on this one (I was going to say the same thing, but he beat me to it).  The question assumes that there is a very limited amount of money coming in, and a big list of liabilities (for which the income is insufficient).  Thus, you have to prioritize.  And pretty much any way you slice it, electricity has to rank higher than Prosper.  Ditto for food.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

cowdog

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:17:02 pm »

I'm afraid I have to agree with Bama on this one (I was going to say the same thing, but he beat me to it).  The question assumes that there is a very limited amount of money coming in, and a big list of liabilities (for which the income is insufficient).  Thus, you have to prioritize.  And pretty much any way you slice it, electricity has to rank higher than Prosper.  Ditto for food.

Ditto on gas.

Ditto on telephone.

Ditto on car payment.

Ditto on credit cards.

Ditto on insurance.

;D

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 03:05:28 am »

0. Hookers & Blow
1. food
2. daycare (DNA)
3. gas
4. House payment (Rent)
5. car payment (DNA)
6. Prosper loan
7. electricity
8. internet
9. cell (DNA)
10. telephone
11. television/cable (DNA)
12. insurance
13. credit card
14. school activity fees (DNA)

DNA = Does not Apply.  I just threw them in as a hypothetical.

I think a more important question is how late are you willing to let something go.  Penalties vary from 15 days late, 1 month late, a few months late, up to disconnection of service.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:26:44 am by onthefence »
Lobby permission granted

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 03:22:27 am »

iLie,
Well you phrased the question incorrectly if you intended us to answer which services we would be willing to drop completely.  Being late on a few bills typically only incurs a modest fiscal penalty.  Not paying to the point of disconnection of service is a completely different animal.

Things I would not being willing to give up in order:

0. Sexual services from iLIE.
1. food
2. cell (DNA)
3. House payment (Rent)
4. electricity
5. internet
6. car payment (DNA)
7. gas
8. telephone
9. daycare (DNA)
10. credit card