Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New language?  (Read 5329 times)

Heavens2Murgetroid

• View Profile
New language?
« on: May 09, 2008, 07:51:56 pm »

I have toyed around with getting a loan for a while. haven't pulled the trigger and may never.  But today I wanted to see if my Scorex has changed and this time, I was taken to this information:

I understand that by checking the checkbox immediately following this notice, I am providing "written instructions" to Prosper Marketplace, Inc. ("Prosper") and WebBank, a Utah-chartered Industrial Bank ("WebBank") under the Fair Credit Reporting Act authorizing Prosper and WebBank, each for their own purposes, to obtain information from my personal credit profile or other information from Experian. I authorize Prosper and WebBank to obtain such information solely to confirm my identity to avoid fraudulent transactions in my name and to conduct a credit pre-qualification.

I think this is new language.  Didn't it say before that pulling Scorex wouldn't effect your credit?  I don't see that as clearly now although it does say pre-credit qualification. 

treebird

• View Profile
Re: New language?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:44:52 pm »

Having a credit pull does affect your credit score.  It shows an an inquiry.  At least I believe a Prosper pull would work like any other.

Others will chime in if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

GoBrowns2007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:49:39 pm »

Having a credit pull does affect your credit score.  It shows an an inquiry.  At least I believe a Prosper pull would work like any other.

Others will chime in if I'm wrong, I'm sure.

Prosper, in the past, has done a "soft" pull at listing time, which is the same as a consumer pulling their own report and does not affect the credit score.

After a listing funds and is verified, they eventually get around to doing a hard pull.

Whether the new language means any of that has changed in practice, I couldn't tell you.

Heavens2Murgetroid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:29:23 pm »

There was more language when I clicked on a pop-up screen that said it wouldn't effect my credit.  I had put it on my clipboard to paste her, but the kid closed my computer.  Oh well. 

Beachey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 10:56:19 am »

<poof>

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:38:59 pm by Beachey »

iLIE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 11:00:22 am »

Heavens2Murgetroid - What a great screen name!  8)

We even had an IRC discussion about this the other night.

(I know,we have ran out of topics in there)
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

mjerryfirst

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:25 pm »

Those who prudently pick borrowers don't need to complain and post about lates, collections and defaults.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 03:40:48 am »

Heavens2Murgetroid - What a great screen name!  8)

I named a feral cat Murgetroid once based off of that phrase.
Lobby permission granted

Heavens2Murgetroid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 08:57:23 pm »

Enough time has passed that I was able to do a new credit authorization.  It should be a soft pull. 

I understand that by checking the checkbox immediately following this notice, I am providing "written instructions" to Prosper Marketplace, Inc. ("Prosper") and WebBank, a Utah-chartered Industrial Bank ("WebBank") under the Fair Credit Reporting Act authorizing Prosper and WebBank, each for their own purposes, to obtain information from my personal credit profile or other information from Experian. I authorize Prosper and WebBank to obtain such information solely to confirm my identity to avoid fraudulent transactions in my name and to conduct a credit pre-qualification.

(box here) I authorize Prosper and WebBank to obtain information from my personal credit profile from Experian. (Learn more - this is a link).

This is what I have after I click the link:

Prosper Help

Credit Profile Authorization

Why does Prosper access my credit profile?
Prosper uses your credit profile to obtain your credit score, prove your identity, and prevent fraudulent transactions in your name.

How often does Prosper access my credit?

Only once. Prosper only accesses your credit report when you give us permission, and will only ask to pull a new credit score if the score we have on file is more than 30 days old.

Will this inquiry affect my credit report or my credit score?

Your credit score will only be affected if you successfully get a loan through Prosper, as it would if you got a loan by any other means. Read below for the full details.

Before your loan is funded, although we are making a request for your credit report, we are doing so at your instruction, so no inquiries viewable by subsequent users of your credit report will be placed in your Experian credit profile. That means your credit score won't be affected. If you obtain a loan through Prosper, an inquiry that others can see will be placed in your credit profile at that time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up