Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred93's blog about prosper made first page on reddit.com business section!  (Read 6263 times)

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile

Maybe you'll start getting a lot of hits from Facebook soon.   :ninja:

Unlikely.  I saw the facebook page somebody just started, and I see he has a link to my blog.  My experience is that when somebody puts a link on some blog I get 10 or 20 hits.  And that's for a blog where there is some established audience.  This guy's facebook page is brand new, so there is no established audience.  Yet another link from somewhere is always welcome of course.

There was a link to your blog on Prosper's official Facebook page for a while, but they just took it down yesterday.

Flying Missle

• View Profile

Are you still getting a lot of hits from Reddit, or has it tapered off?

The effect was very short-lived.  Its essentially over.  I've moved down to the 2nd page now.

1/03/2010  1400 from reddit + 192 other.
1/04/2010  87 from reddit + 104 other.
1/05/2010  14 from reddit + 51 other.

The "other" includes folks who clicked on a 2nd page of the blog after linking to the first page from reddit.

After observing reddit for awhile I think the serious reddit junkies get their rush from clicking on the "latest new stuff",  vicarious jollies from being "in the flow", like a dog with his head stuck out the window of a pickup truck on the freeway.

I don't think those clicks are worth much.  Reddit is short-attention-span theater.

Unlikely.  I saw the facebook page somebody just started, and I see he has a link to my blog.  My experience is that when somebody puts a link on some blog I get 10 or 20 hits.  And that's for a blog where there is some established audience.  This guy's facebook page is brand new, so there is no established audience.  Yet another link from somewhere is always welcome of course.

I think your description of Reddit is right on, and funny!  ;D

ira01

• View Profile

That FB page is the number 4 search result when someone searches on FB for Prosper, so hopefully it will get some traffic that way.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up