Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My 3+ month late has a payment -- Go AmSher :)  (Read 8546 times)

iLIE

• View Profile
Re: My 3+ month late has a payment -- Go AmSher :)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 05:29:08 pm »

Dear Ava,(bama notices he's in public forum)

Please try to separate your posts from quoted posts because for the past several months I've had a tough time deciding what you are trying to say

Thank you
Some people are like slinkys; they really don't have a purpose in life , but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

droolingelmo

• Before my tan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 08:15:26 pm »

Xraider,

I think the law suits will come when Prosper folds.  I trully expect that within a couple of years they will shut their door and then the lawyers will swoop in, as they always do.

I wasn't implying the suits would have to do with collections or the notes specifically.  If it does happen before Prosper folds my guess is that it would be a claim that Prosper illegally changed a contract with the lenders without their consent.
Alexander Tyler (1787) "As for survival of a democracy, history shows two hundred years is its estimated average length. You see, once the majority discovers they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury, that democracy is destined to collapse due to loose fiscal policy."

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 08:01:34 am »

Not quite a demand letter, but I did send this to Prosper generically this morning:

Please advise when loans 6840 (8!! months late) and 9557 (6 months late) will be sold.  I had understood that there would be quarterly debt sales.  However, the last debt sale was in late December, and now it's late April. 

The LRA says, essentially, that the loans will be sold when they're 120 days late.  I understand that the value of junk debt diminishes as the debt ages. 

My 4+ lates are, therefore, losing value by the day.  I assume they will be sold very soon.  Please let me know.

I will post any reply.

I will channel Trav and send a more formal demand letter if the loans aren't sold by the end of the month.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 05:28:12 am »

Soooooooooooo ...  this loan (now shown as 4+ months) has another payment pending.  This one is not showing as a community payment and is scheduled for May 9, 2008.    I will let you know if it sticks.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:30:02 am by mhs505 »

beerbud1

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 06:00:29 am »

I have 1 3-month late, 1-2month late, and 2-1month late showing double daggers this morning.

The 2-month late is showing 2 payments. I will update when I have more information.

SGriff

• Pedanticism for fun and profit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 09:16:41 pm »

The CP likely came from
http://www.prosper.com/groups/group_home.aspx?group_short_name=TzedakahGroup

Makes me sad, that TheKurse has taken such a beating from making CP's on some of his group's loans - I'm a member of Tzedakah, not because I'm Jewish (because I'm not) but rather because he and I had a fascinating conversation about his (and my) financial philosophy prior to me joining. For what it's worth, Kurse, I'm still holding up my end of that bargain. ;)
By all means, cry havoc and let slip the toy pomeranians of war!

mhs505

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »

The CP likely came from
http://www.prosper.com/groups/group_home.aspx?group_short_name=TzedakahGroup

Makes me sad, that TheKurse has taken such a beating from making CP's on some of his group's loans - I'm a member of Tzedakah, not because I'm Jewish (because I'm not) but rather because he and I had a fascinating conversation about his (and my) financial philosophy prior to me joining. For what it's worth, Kurse, I'm still holding up my end of that bargain. ;)

Unless he told you otherwise, it is just speculation that he made CP's on those loans.   :-\

He was at PD08, btw, and he is still a believer.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 07:33:45 am »

SGriff, I liked the idea of TheKurse's group, but when I emailed him, as a newbie, asking him about his group's poor performance, he told me that if I didn't like his group's loans I shouldn't bid on them.  I took his advice.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up