Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Entitlement and other tangents (split from Repurchased loans - the list)  (Read 8482 times)

big-al

• View Profile
Entitlement and other tangents (split from Repurchased loans - the list)
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 06:48:48 pm »

I think a short stay in foster care could be worth it in the long run to get the family off of government support.  I'm sure there would be details to be ironed out, but I think it could be better than the current system.  Just curious, do you think the current system is working, and if not how do you think it could be improved?

ira01

• View Profile
Entitlement and other tangents (split from Repurchased loans - the list)
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 07:02:47 pm »

I think a short stay in foster care could be worth it in the long run to get the family off of government support.  I'm sure there would be details to be ironed out, but I think it could be better than the current system.  Just curious, do you think the current system is working, and if not how do you think it could be improved?

I think the current system has room for improvement, but the problems with "welfare queens" is (and always has been) greatly exaggerated.  And being familiar with the foster care system, I am confident that even "a short stay in foster care" should be avoided like the plague unless the child is being abused (or there is a significant risk of abuse). 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up