Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you know that there are 19 million in late-default loans right now?  (Read 8981 times)

cowdog

The borrowers with current delinquencies through private answers to privately asked questions, have indicated to me, to my satisfaction, that the delinquencies have been cleaned up, but still improperly remain on their credit reports.

And as expected, none of their delinquencies are on my loans to them !!

I think it is just a little too soon to start crowing. 6 payments out of a total of 36 is only about 16% of payments made so far; you haven't even received your principal back.

At this point, the best you can state is that you haven't yet seen a return equal to your initial deposits.

xraider

• View Profile

Wow, MJerry.  They promised that they really have no current dqs, no matter what their credit reports show?  And they'll have their Prosper loan repayments deducted automatically from their bank accounts, too!

Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Staneslav

• View Profile

a
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:18:15 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

bamalucky

• View Profile

I just had my second loan go late after over a year of successful payments.

Break even is at 26 months. Let me know when you hit it.

Break even is never unless it's returned to your bank account.

Until you hit cashout on the slot machines,the credit total just allows you to play longer.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile

Mjerry,

Borrowers Lie.

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

Mjerry,

Borrowers Lie.
Based on their private answers to multiple privately asked questions, I feel that the borrowers I have lent to are mostly truthful.   Their payment histories on the loans I have invested in, so far confirms my judgements.

Those who prudently pick borrowers don't need to complain and post about lates, collections and defaults.

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

I think it is just a little too soon to start crowing. 6 payments out of a total of 36 is only about 16% of payments made so far; you haven't even received your principal back.
At this point, the best you can state is that you haven't yet seen a return equal to your initial deposits.
I have made no claims to the contrary.

And they'll have their Prosper loan repayments deducted automatically from their bank accounts, too!
I never request such from borrowers.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:36:33 pm by mjerryfirst »
Those who prudently pick borrowers don't need to complain and post about lates, collections and defaults.

ira01

• View Profile

Mjerry,

Borrowers Lie.
Based on their private answers to multiple privately asked questions, I feel that the borrowers I have lent to are mostly truthful. 

Would that be insightful questions like the borrower who had a picture of him in front of the NYSE, whom you asked why he was lying about what state he lived in?  :ninja:
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

mjerryfirst

• View Profile

Mjerry,
Borrowers Lie.
Based on their private answers to multiple privately asked questions, I feel that the borrowers I have lent to are mostly truthful. 

Would that be insightful questions like the borrower who had a picture of him in front of the NYSE, whom you asked why he was lying about what state he lived in?  :ninja:
No.   The question you cite was a public rather than a private question.    Given that intermittent listings are obviously fraudulent, and that one would hope that a photo would reflect a borrower's environment, my public question was not  unreasonable.

BrassKnuckles

• View Profile

The borrowers with current delinquencies through private answers to privately asked questions, have indicated to me, to my satisfaction, that either
(a) the delinquencies have been cleaned up, but still improperly remain on their credit reports.
(b) the delinquencies are errors.   Several of these borrowers have "current delinquencies" with zero balance

And as I  expected, all of the loans that you cite are all current!!

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. 

I like mjerryfirsts's loan picks and reasoning and think he is a point of light in an otherwise very dark room around here.

THANK YOU mjerry for your candor

-BK

zcommodore

• View Profile

I may have to start following mjerry's bids with my own.  That would be the death-knell for his 100% loan picking skills.

I thought bamalucky was good at picking loans so I bid on one of his--it never made a single payment.
I thought traveler505 had a decent group and did some good vetting so I bid on one of his--it's now "Late" and is the only one in his group not current as far as I know.
Islandmele's late loan was before my time but I probably would have been on it too...  :ninja:

xraider

• View Profile

Z, Many of us would bankroll you if you did that.   ;D
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up