Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shouldn't we have had an update from Doug Fuller by now?  (Read 20850 times)

onthefence

• View Profile
Re: Shouldn't we have had an update from Doug Fuller by now?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 01:50:38 am »

So if they are held as charge offs, does that mean that Prosper & their debt collectors will cease any efforts to contact the borrower & bring the loans back up to date?

I would think as the delinquent amount rises, the servicing companies will have a great incentive to attempt to collect on them.
Lobby permission granted

cowdog

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 02:28:17 am »

oh.

So maybe the strategy is to hold then accruing interest and late charges to inflate the debt amount, then sell them for more money?

???

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:00 am »

So maybe the strategy is to hold then accruing interest and late charges to inflate the debt amount, then sell them for more money?
...or to keep lender's Total account value in the black by porking it up with ever growing but noncollectable interest.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

SGriff

• Pedanticism for fun and profit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 01:00:26 pm »

oh.

???

Except FTC rules require the original lender to enter charge-off status (no more earning extra interest and fees) after 6 months of non-payment... :ninja:
By all means, cry havoc and let slip the toy pomeranians of war!

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 01:01:52 pm »

oh.

???

Except FTC rules require the original lender to enter charge-off status (no more earning extra interest and fees) after 6 months of non-payment... :ninja:

O-RLY? Wow - got a link to that? That would blow this whole thing totally out of the water :(
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

SGriff

• Pedanticism for fun and profit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 01:20:56 pm »

Trying to re-locate it now, Mtn.

If I wind up with egg on my face for failing to locate the link, it wouldn't be the first time, but I read that a few months ago, when I was investigating remedies for a particular bank with which I once did business harassing me over fees incurred by a former girlfriend forging checks off my account at said bank.
By all means, cry havoc and let slip the toy pomeranians of war!

Flying Missle

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »

Trying to re-locate it now, Mtn.

If I wind up with egg on my face for failing to locate the link, it wouldn't be the first time, but I read that a few months ago, when I was investigating remedies for a particular bank with which I once did business harassing me over fees incurred by a former girlfriend forging checks off my account at said bank.

I don't work very much on the DQ stuff, but most institutions I'm familiar with use a 90-12 day zero billing (no pyaments) to move a loan or line of credit to chargeoff status.  If the borrower makes partial payments, or is otherwise willing to work with the bank, the loan/line may be put into non-accrual status for a time in order to allow the borrower to work through challenges they are facing.
I can't remember what GAAP says on when the institution should recognize the devaluation of the asset, but I think it's a max of 120 days.

cowdog

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 12:39:26 am »

I see numerous 10-K SEC filings which have this statement:

Consumer loans are subject to mandatory charge-off at a specific
date, typically at the end of the month in which the loan becomes 120 days past
due.

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2004/03/10/0000950137-04-001695/Section15.asp

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 03:11:14 pm »

I think the "mandatory" in the filing refers to the lender's standards and practices, rather than a regulation or universal accounting rule.  Thus, the lender doesn't decide whether to charge-off  a particular 4 month late loan, and not charge off another, but charges them all off- for it's accounting purposes.

regeneration

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 06:56:09 pm »

"There is no update"

Received:    Jun-05-2008 7:26 PM PDT
To:    customersupport
Subject:    Other (I am a lender): Please explain below

Please provide an update generally about the NAT experiment generally. Also, can you please help me find the information about the specific NAT loan I am participating in? I believe there was supposed to be some sort of statement supplement, but I can't find it. Thank you.

Dear <me>,

There is no update on the legal test, the process is still ongoing. We hope to provide an update on our blog soon.

Thank you.

For future reference, your Prosper support case number is #.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:01:48 pm by regeneration »

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 07:29:01 pm »

Thanks for the (non) update, regeneration.  I take that as confirmation that the suits have generally not been served.  Good thing we can do our own public records searches.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 07:43:39 pm »

There is no update on the legal test, the process is still ongoing. We hope to provide an update on our blog soon.

Again, I find this so incredibly unprofessional. Why are they providing updates on the same site where they are pimping loans for weddings, vacations and college visits??! Emails and/or snailmails should be sent regarding something as important as this (and the JDB sales, or lack thereof).
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 03:46:48 pm »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I do not want another update - the last one was bad enough.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up