Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is refund of excess collection fees?  (Read 10299 times)

regeneration

• View Profile
Re: Where is refund of excess collection fees?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 07:12:38 pm »

This was sent to me on Monday, 6/9/08.  Looks like Mtnchick had the right idea about contacting Prosper Andrew.

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your patience with the collection overcharges and the refunds that are being processed soon.  The IT department has the adjustment file and we hope to have it processed within the next two weeks.  If it is not we will give you an update on the current status.

Thank you for using Prosper.

For future reference, your Prosper support case number is 00296996.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

Any updates?

Tiptopper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 07:28:10 pm »

Takes a while when you're working with punch cards.
d

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 04:10:57 am »

Sent today:

RE: Case number 0296996 (0260935)

Customer service said on 6/9/08:

"Thank you for your patience with the collection overcharges and the refunds that are being processed soon.  The IT department has the adjustment file and we hope to have it processed within the next two weeks.  If it is not we will give you an update on the current status."

It has been over 4 months since I originally reported this item (on 2/28/08, Case #0260935).

What is the update? 

Will Prosper be paying interest on the collections overcharges since it has now been over 4 months?
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

Chamatrain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 06:04:17 pm »

BUMP

Has anybody gotten a response to their queries about this particular breach of contract?

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 02:36:57 am »

I did not receive any response to my 7/8/08 email from Customer Service.

I just sent this to Customer Service and to Prosper Andrew:

I sent this on 7/8/08 to Customer Service and received no response, so I am sending it again today:

RE: Case number 0296996 (0260935)

Customer service said on 6/9/08:

"Thank you for your patience with the collection overcharges and the refunds that are being processed soon.  The IT department has the adjustment file and we hope to have it processed within the next two weeks.  If it is not we will give you an update on the current status."

It has been over 4 months since I originally reported this item (on 2/28/08, Case #0260935).

What is the update? 

Will Prosper be paying interest on the collections overcharges since it has now been over 4 months?

...and received no response from either as of Friday 7/25/08, 6pm PST.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:17:42 pm by mothandrust »

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 06:52:13 pm »

5 months late on the overcharges now.  What collections agency should we pick to get a payment from Prosper?

Chamatrain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 07:35:17 pm »

5 months late on the overcharges now.  What collections agency should we pick to get a payment from Prosper?

I think Guido may be busy, but I do know a couple of guys who "I've been told" have been very successful at helping gambling debtors "find" some money.  And no, I'm not kidding; I'm considering buying them a few beers.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 03:04:12 am »

This from Doug Fuller on 8/25/08, yet another promise to pay the overcharges:

Let’s start with some housekeeping issues. First of all, the refunds of AmSher collection fees should be processed in the next few days. We have calculated the refund amounts on all payments through the end of July. Once the program is written and tested is should be an easy matter to run it for each month’s affected payments.

We're nearing the 6 month anniversary of the initial report of the problem.

I'd like to know what the total amount of the overcharges is and why Prosper isn't paying interest on that amount to the disaffected lenders.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 11:42:02 pm »

Dear mothandrust,

We are writing to inform you that we have completed programming and testing with regard to collection account refunds to lenders impacted by the change of accounts from PennCro to AmSher. We are planning to do the initial run of the program on Monday, September 22nd 2008 and subsequent runs can be run periodically. The refunds will include interest on the overage.

As we were going through this process, we identified some issues regarding how Prosper updates collection statuses and calculates the commission due and owing to the collection agency. A manual audit of the data was performed to clean up known errors to ensure the refund routine runs correctly.

We determined that the collection status issues have resulted in incorrect data being displayed in the "Collections Statistics" data, displayed on the Prosper site. We are working on correcting the problem, but until we are certain that the display of collections statistics is accurate, we have chosen to temporarily stop showing this data.

In conjunction with this, we have also identified a small population of accounts on which a collection agency commission was inappropriately charged. We are working through this issue and will refund any incorrectly billed agency fees (with interest) at the completion of the process.

We appreciate your patience as we correct these issues. We will continue to inform you of corrections and improvements to our processes and procedures.

Regards,
Prosper

CleanRivers

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 12:58:57 pm »

Dear mothandrust,

We are writing to inform you that we have completed programming and testing with regard to collection account refunds to lenders impacted by the change of accounts from PennCro to AmSher. We are planning to do the initial run of the program on Monday, September 22nd 2008 and subsequent runs can be run periodically. The refunds will include interest on the overage.

As we were going through this process, we identified some issues regarding how Prosper updates collection statuses and calculates the commission due and owing to the collection agency. A manual audit of the data was performed to clean up known errors to ensure the refund routine runs correctly.

We determined that the collection status issues have resulted in incorrect data being displayed in the "Collections Statistics" data, displayed on the Prosper site. We are working on correcting the problem, but until we are certain that the display of collections statistics is accurate, we have chosen to temporarily stop showing this data.

In conjunction with this, we have also identified a small population of accounts on which a collection agency commission was inappropriately charged. We are working through this issue and will refund any incorrectly billed agency fees (with interest) at the completion of the process.

We appreciate your patience as we correct these issues. We will continue to inform you of corrections and improvements to our processes and procedures.

Regards,
Prosper

+1 Got this letter to.

beerbud1

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:30 am »

FraudMan  11:52:45 AM Viewing the topic Where is refund of excess collection fees?.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up