Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Case disappeared! (Prosper Marketplace vs Grant Wanapat)  (Read 4620 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Case disappeared! (Prosper Marketplace vs Grant Wanapat)
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:52:31 pm »

When I searched for Prosper cases back on 05/06/08, I found one case in Fresno County:
Case:  08CECL03390  Prosper Marketplace vs Grant Wanapat/CC Plaintiff 28-MAR-2008

But now 06/03/08, I can no longer find that case.  I get nothing at all when I search on "Prosper" or on the case number.  Discovered this last night, but decided to try it again the next day just to make sure it wasn't some sort of temporary glitch.  The case has simply disappeared.   Oops.  I found it.  See my next message for explanation.What does this mean?

if you want to look for yourself, you can do so at the Fresno County superior court web site.

Web site main entry point: 
http://www.fresnosuperiorcourt.org/

The case info lookup page:
http://banweb.co.fresno.ca.us/plsql/ck_public_qry_main.cp_main_idx
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:22:44 am by Fred93 »

LoanChimp

• LC - Punk Monkey
    • View Profile
Re: Case disappeared! (Prosper Marketplace vs Grant Wanapat)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:54:52 pm »

Perhaps it did not completely disappear but is in "repurchased" status...

cowdog

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:20:04 am »

I'm seeing it and 2 other cases as well for that borrower.

28-MAR-2008
03:49 PM    Civil Case Cove Sheet 3.740
Entry:    Civil Case Cover Sheet filed. Case designated as a CRC Rule 3.740 Collections Case.

28-MAR-2008
03:49 PM    Civil complaint filed
Entry:    Complaint filed - summons issued .

08-APR-2008
04:06 PM    Notice Col Case Review Prtd
Entry:    Docket entry for the letter produced from CMAINIT on 08-APR-2008 by MKNISPEL.

09-APR-2008
09:00 AM    Payment
Entry: A Payment of -$180.00 was made on receipt CLCE150024.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 12:20:23 am »

Oh man.  I figured it out.  The Fresno court web site is really difficult to use.  I was unable to find the case by its case# or the name "prosper" or "prosper marketplace" (which are the strings I used to find these cases originally) so I went back and tried to look it up by "Wanapat".  That found it!  Then I saw that the plaintiff name was "Prosper Marketplace, Inc", so I went back and tried a search on "Prosper Marketplace Inc" and that worked!  Apparently you have to get company names exact today, although I didn't have to do this last month, and case number lookups are broken.

So, the case isn't gone.  Its just hard to look up.  I apologize for generating false excitement.

After finding the case, I clicked on the link which is supposed to show details, and it showed a blank page.  This confused me, until I tried it about 10 times.  Now I realize sometimes it comes up with a blank page and sometimes it shows the case details!  Wow.

28-MAR-2008 03:49 PM New Civil Case Filed
28-MAR-2008 03:49 PM Civil Case Cove Sheet 3.740
28-MAR-2008 03:49 PM Civil complaint filed  Complaint filed - summons issued
08-APR-2008 04:06 PM Notice Col Case Review Prtd   Docket entry for the letter produced from CMAINIT on 08-APR-2008 by MKNISPEL.
09-APR-2008 09:00 AM Payment  A Payment of -$180.00 was made on receipt CLCE150024.

I need a lawyer to help me interpret that.  Something happened on 8 Apr.  Is that anything meaningful?  I presume its something administrative, and that the proof of service is still missing.  The fact that that $180 fee has a minus sign in front of it is hilarious.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 08:03:49 am »

Fred. I have no idea what that means.  I went to the court website to see if there was a link to the document, but no....  If I had to guess (and this is a sheer guess) Prosper overpaid its filing fee and requested a partial refund.  It costs more to file a case with an amount in controversy over $25,000 than it does to file a case with less than that in controversy.

Once again, however, we have a case filed several months ago with no proof of service on file.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:47:52 am »

Updated on the wiki.

gelt4u

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 09:47:30 am »

Oh man.  I figured it out.  The Fresno court web site is really difficult to use.  I was unable to find the case by its case# or the name "prosper" or "prosper marketplace" (which are the strings I used to find these cases originally) so I went back and tried to look it up by "Wanapat".  That found it!  Then I saw that the plaintiff name was "Prosper Marketplace, Inc", so I went back and tried a search on "Prosper Marketplace Inc" and that worked!  Apparently you have to get company names exact today, although I didn't have to do this last month, and case number lookups are broken.

Actually, Fred, you can just click the "Check for Partial Last Name:" box when you type in Prosper and that will work also.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:55:46 am »

Actually, Fred, you can just click the "Check for Partial Last Name:" box when you type in Prosper and that will work also.

I swear I tried that.  I swear.  I swear.

arebelspy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:19:28 pm »

Fred's always stirring up trouble for no good raisin.  ;)  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up