Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper Lenders Retain Legal Counsel  (Read 92479 times)

HollowOak

• View Profile
Re: Prosper Lenders Retain Legal Counsel
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 08:41:21 pm »

There once was a famous quotation. I regret if I paraphrase it incorrectly.

"Dear xxxx, I am in the smallest room in my house. I have your letter in front of me. Soon it will all be behind me."
Old Stump
My blog

The_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 08:44:28 pm »

This would be so funny if it wasn't so sadly true.

Perhaps the suit could become class action. I'd like to recover a few bucks too.

beerbud1

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 08:46:28 pm »

This would be so funny if it wasn't so sadly true.

Perhaps the suit could become class action. I'd like to recover a few bucks too.
If a lawsuit is brought it will definitely be a "Class Action", You will have the opportunity to opt-in, if you so choose.

regeneration

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »

Secret forum..lol
Had to laugh when i saw the #1 poster was nonattender

Just to clarify, my participation there was to facilitate communication.  I'm not otherwise involved.

At the request of the some of the members of that group, I was asked to reach out to Prosper for
a dialogue.  I secured a direct offer from Chris Larsen to speak or even meet with the lenders who
were involved with the group.  I'm guessing that they intentionally decided not to talk to the CEO,
and to hold out for some kind of written response.  That's their choice, though I think it mistaken.

Just to clarify, Chris Larsen feigned complete ignorance of the nature and seriousness of the concerns raised in the letter and was likely milking Nonattender for information about the status of any potential legal challenge. 

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 08:56:58 pm »

Secret forum..lol

Just to clarify, my participation there was to facilitate communication.  I'm not otherwise involved.

At the request of the some of the members of that group, I was asked to reach out to Prosper for
a dialogue.  I secured a direct offer from Chris Larsen to speak or even meet with the lenders who
were involved with the group.  I'm guessing that they intentionally decided not to talk to the CEO,
and to hold out for some kind of written response.  That's their choice, though I think it mistaken.

You have something brown on your nose  :ninja:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 09:16:56 pm »

Secret forum..lol

dialogue is great but ..

Prosper needs to reach out to us, not us to them. We don't owe Mr Larsen anything. He knows where to find us if he wants to.

The non-response to the letter speaks volumes actually. I'm glad people were saved from wasting their time being hand-fed BS
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

mofo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 09:18:00 pm »

Has PMI compensated lenders for over-charging on collections fees when the transition to AmSher was made ? I wrote to complain many months ago that I was charged a 17% collections fee when it should have been 15%. PMI said they were working on it. To the best of my knowledge, I've never been compensated.

If not, perhaps that could be added to the official complaint.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 09:22:18 pm »

mofo, it's in the letter, last section:

Prosper unilaterally decided to move collections away from Penncro to AmSher, which charges lenders a higher fee.  At the time of this switch, Prosper promised that lenders would not be charged more than they would have been had the loans remained at Penncro.  After it was pointed out to Prosper that notwithstanding its promise, lenders were actually being charged the higher AmSher fees, Prosper stated that this was due to a "coding error," and that Prosper would reimburse lenders the over charges.  Apparently, no such reimbursement has yet occurred, despite months having passed.  Demand is hereby made that Prosper immediately provide that reimbursement to lenders.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

mofo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 09:24:33 pm »

Would it be a bad idea for individual lenders to file complaints with their respective state attorneys general providing information like that put forth in the letter?   

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 10:03:38 pm »

http://blog.prosper.com/2008/06/24/borrower-signed-notes/
We did not have to make this change, as we were not receiving any complaints about the manner in which the notes have been signed.

Rarely does a judge file a formal complaint with prosper customer service when he or she dismisses your case for lack of evidence.
Lobby permission granted

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 10:07:01 pm »

Lobby permission granted

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 10:16:20 pm »

I wish Prosper would read this article & get a clue:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080518/news_1n18sorry.html
Lobby permission granted

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 10:23:53 pm »

I have attempted to post a new thread on the official .com forums containing the opening section of the original post in this thread.  We will see if it passes moderation.

Heavens2Murgetroid

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 10:38:20 pm »

not even a "hey, we got your letter but we need some more time to respond" ??

I guess that was prosper's way of saying take that letter and shove it up your fuc....(cough)
Secret forum..lol

You have something brown on your nose  :ninja:

It always seems you want substantive dialogue to devolve.  Why?  Trying to open communication seems like a perfectly reasonable thing.     

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 10:59:13 pm »

It always seems you want substantive dialogue to devolve.  Why?  Trying to open communication seems like a perfectly reasonable thing.     

Have you ever actually been a party to one of the sessions where Prosper promised substantive dialogue?
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up