Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: John Witchel is gone?  (Read 118112 times)

DCS

• View Profile
Re: John Witchel is gone?
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »

When will this loan be 15 days late?

Origination was on the 5th, so I guess it will be in Late status on the 21st.  I'll post here again if I see any daggers.

I guessed wrong.  It's still <15d late.  Maybe they suspend promoting it to Late if there's a payment pending?  I never really paid this close attention before.

hoosier500

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2008, 08:32:34 pm »

Mr Kettle attempts to enlighten Mr Pot:

"Pisses me off to no end when people cry about something they can just go away from."
Rah Rah Maconaquah!

jmathree

• Donate to St. Jude's at http://www.tg.stjude.org/
    • View Profile
    • Prosperlinks
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:42 pm »

Origination was on the 5th, so I guess it will be in Late status on the 21st.  I'll post here again if I see any daggers.

I guessed wrong.  It's still <15d late.  Maybe they suspend promoting it to Late if there's a payment pending?  I never really paid this close attention before.

Or maybe because it's the CFO and they don't want it to show on LS and Eric's?
Due to Prosper's change in policy to allow links to 3rd party discussion forums in user profiles noted in this thread, I have updated  my profile to help Prosper members find discussion forums, blogs, and stats and analysis sites to help them succeed on Prosper.com.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »

I'm not positive, but I don't think so.  I believe I've seen some of my own loans change status while a payment was pending, but I could be wrong.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

arebelspy

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

I find it hard to believe the employees at Prosper don't have more important things to do than to mess with some one's screen name.   Hey Prosper (I know you read this, saw FraudMan here today), how about working on getting the deadbeats to pay up?

They're busy rearranging deck chairs..........

...on the titanic.

~X~

But the chairs are out of order!

Clearly you all don't know much about Prosper.  They're not busy rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

...they're more like couches.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2008, 05:47:41 am »

If there were couches, we could look under the cushions to find refunds for our collections overcharges.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

AndyAtlanta

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2008, 07:38:04 am »

Prosper can, at any point, decide to conduct itself with transparency, ethics, responsibility, and treat its customers (lenders) with respect and integrity.

Ever day that goes by without Prosper making sweeping changes is a day that they affirm the status quo is how they want to run their business (into the ground).

This is really the central problem.  I keep thinking that I will receive a message from Prosper, announcing big changes in the collections process.  But week after week, nothing happens.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2008, 12:01:37 pm »

This is really the central problem.  I keep thinking that I will receive a message from Prosper, announcing big changes in the collections process.  But week after week, nothing happens.

And that surprises you?  Given Prosper's history, why would you think that they would do anything useful correctly?

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »

The heavy_ax loan is now current again.  Thank you, Mr. Inglis!

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2008, 12:11:52 pm »

+1  great collections job

you're

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2008, 12:22:24 pm »

But week after week, nothing happens.

For you and me, we count the minutes, the hours, the days. 

I think Prosper counts the quarters.

AndyAtlanta

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2008, 12:27:09 pm »

And that surprises you?  Given Prosper's history, why would you think that they would do anything useful correctly?

Well, they have done a lot of things correctly in my case.  I am probably one of the "happiest" long-term lenders on Prosper.  They do a great job of servicing almost all my loans.  It's just that the moment a loan goes late, the wheels come off the train.  Combined with the strange machinations we've heard about lately, it makes me very nervous.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 22, 2008, 07:20:59 pm »

I'm guessing theres a good chance this loan was brought current from org publicity.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2008, 07:31:20 pm »

I'm guessing theres a good chance this loan was brought current from org publicity.

Who knows.  I have no doubt that many Prosper actions are reactions to what they see here, but this may not be one of those instances.  As CFO, he probably makes more than $200K a year -- maybe much more.  Hard to believe he can't afford his loan payment.  More likely a payment glitch, IMHO.  Of course, Prosper stupidly created a mountain from a molehill with its heavy handed deletion of his screen name history.  And enquiring minds still want to know the story behind his mysterious second loan listing. 

phreddy148

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2008, 11:42:11 am »

Who knows.  I have no doubt that many Prosper actions are reactions to what they see here, but this may not be one of those instances.  As CFO, he probably makes more than $200K a year -- maybe much more.  Hard to believe he can't afford his loan payment.  More likely a payment glitch, IMHO.  Of course, Prosper stupidly created a mountain from a molehill with its heavy handed deletion of his screen name history.  And enquiring minds still want to know the story behind his mysterious second loan listing. 

This was a test of Prosper's new serverance benefit for ex(or soon to be ex)employees.  Take a loan out, don't pay it back, and Prosper promises not to try to collect or report it to credit agencies.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up