Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The end has finally arrived for Prosper?  (Read 22870 times)

dvd

• View Profile
Re: The end has finally arrived for Prosper?
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 10:01:42 am »

I can't help but wonder if Karen Appleton saw the writing on the wall way back when she departed...
I imagine so. It certainly was possible to see the beginnings of this fiasco back then.

- dvd
Visit www.prospers.org/irc ! Chat live with other Prosper-users.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 12:48:49 am »

This thread has everything a good lobby thread should have:  A prediction of imminent doom from Urbi, nine people going "Yeah!  What he said!", a couple of smart people taking pot shots at them and sayin' funny stuff like "Prosper ain't closing, and Elvis IS dead", a super-optimistic intro post from God-Father, Bama telling him the loans he's picking suck so bad that even if you had a gun you couldn't collect, ha!

I love it...

-t
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:44 am »

Good summary and Prosper and I are still here!   ;D  :-*

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 11:07:14 am »

This thread has everything a good lobby thread should have:  A prediction of imminent doom from Urbi, nine people going "Yeah!  What he said!", a couple of smart people taking pot shots at them and sayin' funny stuff like "Prosper ain't closing, and Elvis IS dead", a super-optimistic intro post from God-Father, Bama telling him the loans he's picking suck so bad that even if you had a gun you couldn't collect, ha!

I love it...

-t

Yep - and in August 2008...the prediction was quite accurate.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 11:09:09 am »

This thread has everything a good lobby thread should have:  A prediction of imminent doom from Urbi, nine people going "Yeah!  What he said!", a couple of smart people taking pot shots at them and sayin' funny stuff like "Prosper ain't closing, and Elvis IS dead", a super-optimistic intro post from God-Father, Bama telling him the loans he's picking suck so bad that even if you had a gun you couldn't collect, ha!

I love it...

-t
why the big obsession with the lobby?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 11:13:51 am »

nonattender wants to make .org look like a bunch of sour nuts, or encourage us to keep our views on Prosper behind closed doors.  Even though he claims he doesn't have options, he must have SOME incentive for wanting more people to get hosed.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 11:38:15 am »

I love it...

-t

How do you figure?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 11:57:01 am »

This thread has everything a good lobby thread should have:  A prediction of imminent doom from Urbi, nine people going "Yeah!  What he said!", a couple of smart people taking pot shots at them and sayin' funny stuff like "Prosper ain't closing, and Elvis IS dead", a super-optimistic intro post from God-Father, Bama telling him the loans he's picking suck so bad that even if you had a gun you couldn't collect, ha!

I love it...

-t

How do you figure?

The SEC issued a cease and desist order against Prosper just a few months later...on November 24, 2008.  This followed a series of developments in the weeks leading up to the date of my prediction, including the abrupt departure of John Witchel from the company, which happened in late July 2008.

ETA: Here is an interesting timeline...

http://prosperclassaction.wordpress.com/2008/11/29/what-did-prosper-know-and-when-did-prosper-know-it/

ETA2: It's interesting to note Prosper's interaction with the SEC in 2007, while they continues to re-affirm their regulatory compliance all the way into the end of 2008.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:00:43 pm by Urbi_et_Orbi »
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

ratsnus

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2010, 11:28:26 am »

Prosper will be here after this forum is gone.  You lenders assumed the risk and you lost money.  Just face your defeat and move on to something profitable.  You can't make money posting on a forum all day.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2010, 11:35:13 am »

Prosper will be here after this forum is gone.  You lenders assumed the risk and you lost money.  Just face your defeat and move on to something profitable.  You can't make money posting on a forum all day.
read up some more. it's not about losing money. in fact, many here havent lost money.

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 11:44:15 am »

Are you a lender or a borrower on prosper? (Or both?) What's your ROI?

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2010, 11:53:29 am »

We can if we're posting from work!   :ninja:

It's one thing to assume the risks we know about but we did not assume the risk that Prosper would change the rules on us midstream.  Hence, the class action.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

ratsnus

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2010, 03:26:26 pm »

Two time borrower 900+ time lender ROI 0 (minus time wasted)

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2010, 03:34:55 pm »

Lol. 900 loans and already roi of zero.  It only gets worse from here
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2010, 03:48:06 pm »

Two time borrower 900+ time lender ROI 0 (minus time wasted)

Why would you lend 22K+ and borrow twice from prosper paying the origin and interest fees rats-n-us?

Your name reminds of a members avatar btw.

:D :D

The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up