Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Fool Article  (Read 93235 times)

DakotahFury

• View Profile
Re: Fool Article
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 05:02:30 pm »

Wowwww.....that was brutal. Thumbs-up from me!  :)

ETA: If ever there was a thread that needed to be in the lobby...this is it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:04:30 pm by DakotahFury »
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »

Wow.  Again, wow!

NA, MHS, comments?  I, of course, second everything said there!  I wasn't contacted either.  I wonder how the author found out about it?

Wish I were at Prosper today.  I wonder if this will hit the Prosper in the News page?   :ninja:

Definitely one for the lobby.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

nonattender

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 06:53:34 pm »

My comment?  It's a juvenile hit-piece written by a fool who let himself be a tool for people with an agenda - I especially liked the scare line about Prosper wanting sensitive information like "your name, social security number, your bank account information - and your home address" - because, you know, even if that information didn't have to be collected by law, there's NO reason that any financial company would need to know who its clients are or how to contact them or a means to - I'm just guessing, here - transfer money back and forth.

Regardless of which bird (or set of birds) chews up the "news" and spits it into your mouth, to repeat/report it is still a regurgitative act.

-t
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:01:02 pm by nonattender »
Nothing that I ever say is "professional advice" - principally, because I suffer from an infinitely inescapable prinicipal/agent problem, in that I am, in principle, always acting as my own agent.

Peer-to-Peer Lending & Personal Loan Information

hoosier500

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »

My comment?  It's a juvenile hit-piece written by a fool who let himself be a tool for people with an agenda - I especially liked the scare line about Prosper wanting sensitive information like "your name, social security number, your bank account information - and your home address" - because, you know, even if that information didn't have to be collected by law, there's NO reason that any financial company would need to know who its clients are or how to contact them or a means to - I'm just guessing, here - transfer money back and forth.

Regardless of which bird (or set of birds) chews up the "news" and spits it into your mouth, to repeat/report it is still a regurgitative act.

-t

What law? - the one where we aren't lenders or the one where prosper isn't a lender?
Rah Rah Maconaquah!

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:57 pm »

My comment?  [brown-nosing Kool-aid blather snipped]

Yeah, that's a real surprise!  Apprently you and MHS are about the only ones who can't see Prosper for what it is.  As soon as someone discusses the article on Wikipedia, it will get a lot of views -- which will save prospective lenders a lot of money.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 07:15:26 pm »

Score 1 article for our side.

NA says he doesn't have options.Has he ever told the truth here?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 07:19:48 pm »

Totally cool, man.
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 07:26:48 pm »

P-----r was very big with the Fools. IIRC, they even had a secondary get together at PD07. So they've been around enough to watch and know. :)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 07:29:01 pm »

P-----r was very big with the Fools. IIRC, they even had a secondary get together at PD07. So they've been around enough to watch and know. :)

We were all Fools for trusting Prosper.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 07:30:19 pm »

Did you do any research for this article? Most of these people who groan on all day on the forum you quote are better off with their money in Prosper than in the DJIA. Out of thousands of investors, these same 5 or 10 people complain all day long about Prosper. I really think they need something better to do with their time.

LOL. That's why P-----r's loan originations aren't going up as they planned them to, because of 5 or 10 people.  :D :D :D
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 07:31:22 pm »

Prosper loans are down 25% from last month.All 5 of us quit bidding. ;D
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 07:40:10 pm »

Did you do any research for this article? Most of these people who groan on all day on the forum you quote are better off with their money in Prosper than in the DJIA. Out of thousands of investors, these same 5 or 10 people complain all day long about Prosper. I really think they need something better to do with their time.

LOL. That's why P-----r's loan originations aren't going up as they planned them to, because of 5 or 10 people.  :D :D :D

I replied to that comment which I suspect was put up there by either NA or MHS.

Roadhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 07:51:11 pm »

-t
As a Roadhawk, I must say that I'm not much of a fan of chewing and spitting into a mouth.  I'd rather watch the news and then drink a beer and then the news just isn't as bad as it was  ;D

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 09:04:08 pm »

Opinion1956 seems to think that this article opens the author up to being sued.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:53 pm »

If Prosper wants to sue someone for posting an unfavorable -- and true -- article on the internet, I'm sure that suit will go REAL far.  I'd be more than happy to assist in the defense of THAT one.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up