Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A new Victoria Crawford?  (Read 37233 times)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
Re: A new Victoria Crawford?
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 03:20:34 pm »

so what about the stock photography? did anyone see anything where prosper gives you a photo so you can be anonymous and better looking?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 05:04:21 pm »

Wow - Prosper sinks to yet another new low.

+1.  This is un-freaking-believable (but unfortunately not for Prosper).  They have really taken their anti-PII crusade to a whole new level.  I wonder how long it will be until you have to use their made up screen name, rather than being able to choose your own?

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 05:10:37 pm »

One I never would have imagined.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 05:12:42 pm »

is prosper bipolar ?

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 06:33:21 pm »

No kidding.  :ninja:

I agree this is a lobby worthy issue.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 06:41:41 pm »

What a fun game!

become a lender:
loan-elation
marsupial990
the-dollar-dissector
roi-booster
asset-fuse
debt-ladybug
money-heart114
listing-catalyst

become a borrower:
the-dough-oracle
social-liberator
payout-channel
p2ploan-magician
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

DakotahFury

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 06:48:12 pm »

Can anyone think of a reason for this move OTHER than for the purpose of shielding potential borrowers from closer scrutiny? This is simply remarkable. Lenders continue to be hamstrung by the very people who are supposed to be looking out for them.
"If you are up-to-date on your vaccines today, and you avail yourself of the treatments, your chances of dying COVID are vanishingly rare and certainly much lower than your risk of getting into trouble with the flu," Jha (White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator) told NPR.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 06:51:42 pm »

capital-idol (The best newest idol show!)
dough-swashbuckler (Yarrr!!!)

Can anyone think of a reason for this move OTHER than for the purpose of shielding potential borrowers from closer scrutiny? This is simply remarkable. Lenders continue to be hamstrung by the very people who are supposed to be looking out for them.

That is the only possible reason for this.  And the fact that they spent time on this (probably a LOT of time) is sickening.

beerbud1

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2008, 07:29:05 pm »

Says who? They were never looking out for lenders. I repeat they don't care about Lenders and never did.
Wake up!!!   I think I did.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 07:32:14 pm »

capital-idol (The best newest idol show!)
dough-swashbuckler (Yarrr!!!)

That is the only possible reason for this.  And the fact that they spent time on this (probably a LOT of time) is sickening.

C'mon, Xenon; Prosper is also spending valuable time reprogramming so our 4+++++++++++ lates will be shown in new pretty colors.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Xyrus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 08:37:42 pm »

Actually, if they have a semi competent programmer and a word lists, this wouldn't take more than an afternoon at the most. But that's beside the point> :P

~X~

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

Actually, if they have a semi competent programmer and a word lists, this wouldn't take more than an afternoon at the most. But that's beside the point> :P

~X~

The actual coding portion of an enhancement (in a redtape environment like Prosper) takes only a maximum of 20% of the total time expended.  And 20% is a high estimate.  The other time is taken up with meetings about whether or not they want to do this and why; how they want to do it; what words to include in the lists; design decisions on how they want it to be presented; prototyping; deciding they don't quite like it and changing the requirements at the last minute; internal documentation updates; testing; deployment; etc.

Edit: So, assuming that the 20% ratio holds and it takes 4 hrs to code, they would have spent at least half a man-week on this "enhancement".  And the smaller the coding change, the larger the redtape rate becomes, so I would bet that the total man-time on this was closer to 1-1.5 man-weeks.

Since we know that every PMI employee we have seen is making $100K+/yr, that is ~$2,500 they spent on salary alone (not to mention benefits and physical costs) for this change.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:57:13 pm by Xenon481 »

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 09:27:35 pm »

Lobby is fine with the OP.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 09:29:21 pm »

Lobby is fine with the OP.

I'm down with The Lobby.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:15 pm »

The prosper screen name generator is a revolting depersonalizing development.  They might as well have handed out random serial numbers. 

It is now clear that the similarity in the screen names I noted does indeed mean they were generated by one person -- the screen name generator robot.  I played with it for a few minutes and realized that it produces the hyphenated names as well as the common words followed by 3 digits. 

We've gone from "copy stuff lendingclub does", such as their drivel-filled blog, much of which has nothing whatsoever to do with the product or the community, but blogs must be cool 'cause other people are doin' 'em, to "Lets try random stuff.  Anybody got any random ideas?"

It is hard to imagine the product meeting where someone pitched the notion that a random screen-name generator would improve business.  He would have had to pitch the notion that thinking up a screen name was the impediment to a substantial number of borrowers.  In any group of listeners I can imagine, he would be laughed out of the room.  My only alternative is to imagine that such a meeting never happened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up