Public Boards > Introductions

ducks

(1/1)

ducks:
Hi, I'm ducks. It looks like I never introduced myself. I started lending on Prosper.com in Feb 2007. I think someone might have mentioned it to me in an online discussion (much like PredictIt.com).

I decided to start small and test the waters. We all know how that went. I later took a loan on Prosper hoping to buy the Chicago Cubs, but that didn't happen. I thought I'd find a sports-related investment, at least. Maybe that's when I bought WWE (not the whole business, just a few shares). It had a hypertrophic yield at the time. When the yield dropped to punier proportions, I sold. I got both the dividends and a slamming capital growth. One of my few individual stock investments worth bragging about.

I didn't need the borrowed money for anything, to be honest. I just wanted to know the process from the borrower's perspective. Back then, Prosper was not very concerned about a truthful borrowing purpose. I suspect my lenders knew I wasn't going to buy the Cubs.

I was fairly active here back in those days. I think I disappeared about when my last loan paid out or charged off.

Why did I come back? That little check from the settlement reminded me of you.

I work in a specialized industry, the kind of person who isn't going to sell you anything or buy anything from you. I can tell you I don't have money.* But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career.

*Well, not my own money.

TJGbank:
Welcome to PdotO!

But, you probably joined before me so maybe I'm out of place to welcome you.

silvermoonfairy3:

--- Quote from: TJGbank on January 21, 2016, 06:30:19 pm ---Welcome to PdotO!
--- End quote ---

What kind of newbie calls it that? IMPOSTOR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version