Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bankruptcy update  (Read 124470 times)

ira01

• View Profile
Re: Bankruptcy update
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2011, 11:18:54 am »

It seems to have been a glitch on Prosper's end. 

I'm shocked -- shocked -- that Prosper would have a "glitch."   ::)
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

yankeefan

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2011, 11:48:15 am »

It seems to have been a glitch on Prosper's end.  I have been assured that it will be paid, and that future payments will be appropriately made.

Translation-  "The check's in the mail."       :ninja:

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2011, 08:34:19 pm »

I thought it was - The check is in your mouth    ???

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »

It seems to have been a glitch on Prosper's end. 

I'm shocked -- shocked -- that Prosper would have a "glitch."   ::)

Well, that glitch occurred again.  I feel a little petty asking about my $.76, but c'mon Prosper.  There HAS to be a way you can schedule these payments without my reminders.

I have now asked Larsen several times just to pay off the entire loan (maybe $3000 or so at this point) and he hasn't responded to that request.  The loan's at 17%, though, so maybe I should remind Prosper in a year or so since this is the one thing now increasing my return. 

OTOH, maybe once the new VC funding comes through, I'll get repaid.   :ninja:
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2012, 03:20:03 am »

Edited - Posted to wrong thread
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:00:59 am by Capital_Finance_Group »

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2012, 07:54:22 am »

Once again I had to remind Prosper to make my $.76 payment on this loan.  I again asked Prosper just to pay the thing off but no.  I'll continue to get .76 a month (after I remind them) for the rest of my life.  Way to keep me a customer, Prosper. 

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »

So here's the latest.

I just got the most unbelievable call from Prosper.  I emailed this morning asking about payment for this loan. I think Prosper hopes I'll forget about my $.76/month (about $32 remains owing on this loan).
So, Prosper calls to tell me that the loan is in bankruptcy (duh) and I should either make a claim in the bankruptcy proceeding myself (????!?!) or write the loan off as a bad debt. 

I got angry at that and told him that the loan had been in bankruptcy for a long time, that Prosper failed to make a claim timely, and that Chris Larson had assured me that Prosper would male the payments as they would have been made had Prosper bothered to file a claim.  I told him I would forward him the email traffic.

HE THEN SAID HE HAD THE EMAILS!!!!  I lost it and started yelling at the guy.  I asked what is this, now that Larson's gone you're ignoring the agreements he made??  REALLY???  I told him that this is EXACTLY why I would never lend through Prosper again. 

He said that this will be taken care of by the end of the month.  I told him that wasn't acceptable because this payment was due April 1. I suggested, again, that Prosper just pay the damn thing off so we could be done with one another.

Unbelievable.  I may yet sue them separately.   

tekiegreg

• The WILD Computer Geek
    • View Profile
    • Codesweep's Home on the 'net
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

So, Prosper calls to tell me that the loan is in bankruptcy (duh) and I should either make a claim in the bankruptcy proceeding myself (????!?!) or write the loan off as a bad debt. 

Forgive me if I'm not mistaken, but isn't Prosper SUPPOSED to take the collection actions itself?  Such as well...uh...appearing at bankruptcy court themselves.  After all they're servicing the loan...

Yeah sue Prosper.com seperately...
It's all Bamalucky's fault.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15:50 pm »

So here's the latest.

I just got the most unbelievable call from Prosper.  I emailed this morning asking about payment for this loan. I think Prosper hopes I'll forget about my $.76/month (about $32 remains owing on this loan).

I got angry at that and told him that the loan had been in bankruptcy for a long time, that Prosper failed to make a claim timely, and that Chris Larson had assured me that Prosper would male the payments as they would have been made had Prosper bothered to file a claim.  I told him I would forward him the email traffic.

HE THEN SAID HE HAD THE EMAILS!!!!  I lost it and started yelling at the guy.  I asked what is this, now that Larson's gone you're ignoring the agreements he made??  REALLY???  I told him that this is EXACTLY why I would never lend through Prosper again. 

He said that this will be taken care of by the end of the month.  I told him that wasn't acceptable because this payment was due April 1. I suggested, again, that Prosper just pay the damn thing off so we could be done with one another.

AMAZING!!!!

But unfortunately, not unbelievable at all.......... Just par for the course.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2012, 12:11:32 am »

So here's the latest.

AMAZING!!!!

But unfortunately, not unbelievable at all.......... Just par for the course.

+1.  Prosper continues to set new lows for competency and honesty.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2012, 11:02:51 am »

+1.  Prosper continues to set new lows for competency and honesty.

What with nearly all of the key players in Prosper v1 now gone, I was actually mulling over (believe it or not) lending again once the class action lawsuit gets put to  rest.

But now...

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2012, 10:10:08 am »

Has everyone signed the new Prosper agreements? Prosper changes their rules so often, I refuse to agree to any changes. I was quite happy with the original document I signed.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2012, 10:51:42 am »

I did not sign any of the new agreements.  I was so annoyed with the "xraider clause" (thou shalt not contact our collection agencies) that I refused to sign in November 2007 (OMG, THAT long ago????) and declined to continue to lend, even though my portfolio at the time was still about +10%, and even though Prosper still had the .com boards.

I guess I was prescient.   >:(

Chamatrain

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2012, 11:06:48 am »

Why would you sign an agreement with a known incompetent, dishonest company?

divindj

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2012, 12:12:44 pm »

Has everyone signed the new Prosper agreements? Prosper changes their rules so often, I refuse to agree to any changes. I was quite happy with the original document I signed.

NOPE!  And I scoff every time I see their big scary "you must sign our new legal agreement" message whenever I log-in. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up