Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudbleed bug impacts Prosper.com  (Read 137391 times)

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudbleed bug impacts Prosper.com
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 06:03:05 pm »

do they even have a forum nowadays?  It did not work out too well for them years ago.

No, it's gone.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 06:25:28 pm »

My main prosper account is still blocked
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 07:45:02 pm »

Protip: instead of trying to remember passwords, use a password manager such as KeePass or LastPass.  Automatically generate strong random passwords for each site, and save brain space for more important things.

+1

I cannot stress this enough.

+2 YES!

I use LastPass, it's free, and can be set up not only on computers, but also mobile devices. I hesitated for a long time because if I don't type my passwords I forget them, and with so many banking and brokerage sites it's scary to think of being locked out... but I can always see my password with a couple of clicks if I choose to.

It will automatically generate strong passwords for me PLUS it will go through the process of automatically changing passwords on most sites if I so choose.

Nothing gets a higher recommendation from me than a modern, secure password manager.

https://www.lastpass.com

Uh oh.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/30/lastpass-warns-users-to-exercise-caution-while-it-fixes-major-vulnerability

Password manager LastPass is advising users to avoid using its browser plugins while it battles to fix a “major architectural problem”, which could allow an attacker to steal passwords or execute code.

The vulnerability was discovered by Tavis Ormandy, a security researcher at Google, who tweeted about its existence over the weekend. Keeping with responsible disclosure norms, Ormandy did not publicly state how the bug is exploited, and informed LastPass of its existence.

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 11:18:11 pm »

Prosper sent me a letter begging me to take out another loan, saying 51.5% of people that had a previous loan were approved quickly for a new loan and me being such a good customer, I am already preapproved. I can't lend, but I can borrow.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up