Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doug Fuller: time for collections update #3 (quartely update)  (Read 6517 times)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report

actually, it's about a month late. the last one occured:
http://blog.prosper.com/2008/04/11/collections-update/

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:29:29 pm by 112233 »
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Doug Fuller: time for collections update #3 (quartely update)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 03:12:57 pm »

Collections Update #2
04/11/08 posted by Doug Fuller     

I’ve just returned from my monthly visit to AmSher.  I’m very impressed with how quickly they have come up to speed on working Prosper accounts.  With three business days left in the month, we have already achieved our second best month ever in terms of total dollars collected, dollars collected per collection account and percent cured.  For example, through 3/26, we had collected $50.58 per collection account.  Those who were at Prosper Days may remember that the record was set in January at $52.27.  My expectation is that we should have a record setting month in at least two of the three metrics.

I’m even more encouraged in that I am confident that next month will be better than this month.  We’re still working through some system interface issues, but have most of the kinks worked out.  We did find that implementing two commission structures for AmSher would require significant system work on our end.  As such, we will be handling the difference in commissions by doing periodic refunds to lenders.  The first refund should be posted by the end of April.

On the legal test, the vast majority of the cases have been sent to the courts.  Since this is a new asset class, the law firm did not have the pleadings set up in their automation system and are having to create each complaint manually.  Of the 66 accounts, there are five cases still in the production stage.  Additionally, there are four disputes that arose in the last three weeks which we have to answer before filing suit.  In next month’s update, I’ll have new figures on the number on whom we’ve obtained service — and hoping the first flood of post filing payments.

We will be doing another debt sale in the future.  We are waiting to see if AmSher can shake some money out of the older accounts.  While not a large number, AmSher has secured payments from 12 accounts that were at 121+ days in approximately six weeks.  This compares with an average of 2.2 payments per month previously.  A second reason for waiting is the current large amount of “inventory” in the debt market.  Basically the market is swamped by the large issuers scrambling to make quarter end numbers.

Doug Fuller is the Vice President of Operations at Prosper.

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

JGuide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 02:27:20 am »

I continue to see collections progress well! Including full repayment with no fees!

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 08:00:36 am »

Collections Update #2
04/11/08 posted by Doug Fuller     

I’ve just returned from my monthly visit to AmSher.  I’m very impressed with how quickly they have come up to speed on working Prosper accounts.  With three business days left in the month, we have already achieved our second best month ever in terms of total dollars collected, dollars collected per collection account and percent cured.  For example, through 3/26, we had collected $50.58 per collection account.  Those who were at Prosper Days may remember that the record was set in January at $52.27.  My expectation is that we should have a record setting month in at least two of the three metrics.

I’m even more encouraged in that I am confident that next month will be better than this month.  We’re still working through some system interface issues, but have most of the kinks worked out.  We did find that implementing two commission structures for AmSher would require significant system work on our end.  As such, we will be handling the difference in commissions by doing periodic refunds to lenders.  The first refund should be posted by the end of April.

On the legal test, the vast majority of the cases have been sent to the courts.  Since this is a new asset class, the law firm did not have the pleadings set up in their automation system and are having to create each complaint manually.  Of the 66 accounts, there are five cases still in the production stage.  Additionally, there are four disputes that arose in the last three weeks which we have to answer before filing suit.  In next month’s update, I’ll have new figures on the number on whom we’ve obtained service — and hoping the first flood of post filing payments.

We will be doing another debt sale in the future.  We are waiting to see if AmSher can shake some money out of the older accounts.  While not a large number, AmSher has secured payments from 12 accounts that were at 121+ days in approximately six weeks.  This compares with an average of 2.2 payments per month previously.  A second reason for waiting is the current large amount of “inventory” in the debt market.  Basically the market is swamped by the large issuers scrambling to make quarter end numbers.

Roberto Arnetoli Doug Fuller is the Vice President of Operations at Prosper.

fixed
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 06:35:35 pm »

I continue to see collections progress well! Including full repayment with no fees!

Nice for you.  I don't believe there's any collection activities on my lates.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.
Pages: [1]   Go Up