Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maintenance Announced  (Read 107513 times)

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
Re: Maintenance Announced
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2010, 12:03:06 pm »

On my current loan there is a payment processing from 6/11....not really a big deal.

But, because it is the "processing" stage...it won't accept additional payments.

I put in my call...telling them I was accruing all this interest because I can't make a payment....blah blah...anyway, my 6/11 payment is going to be expedited.

Perhaps it will only be there for 60 days  :D

no-whammies

• I'm not your buddy, guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2010, 12:08:14 pm »

But, because it is the "processing" stage...it won't accept additional payments.

Oh my.  There "has" to be regulations against restricting payments, regardless of the reason.  This is a fundamental flaw in the platform in my opinion.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:40 pm »

This one I posted about is in collections, so they apparently can have multiple payments "Processing" and then have them reversed after they are "Paid".

I had one payment get reversed 2 months after it was Paid once.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »

Oh my.  There "has" to be regulations against restricting payments, regardless of the reason.  This is a fundamental flaw in the platform in my opinion.

Jenna (I think that was her name) offered to do it manually....however...the last time someone took a manual payment (on loan #2) it got botched up*.
So, I refused the offer.

*I canceled 2 payments I had called in, because they were not being processed...and paid off the loan in full, instead, with the call in.  A few weeks later, on a paid in full loan (with a negative balance to boot), I saw the 2 payments were processing.  So I manually canceled them.

I mean...suppose someone does not have all day to sit on the computer and play around with a $2.00 transaction.  Is my time so valueless?  :D

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:30 am »

So far the payments have stuck, and this 2+ month late loan is now in Paid status...but the last Payment is still "Processing" and hasn't been credited to lenders. 

Shouldn't it be "Payoff in Progress" if lenders haven't actually been paid off?  Only 0.17 cents left for me.

About to chalk this up to the "All's well that ends well" column.

1 day is fine; how about 55 days?

http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=123773

Apr-27 payment is still "Processing" but it had been in "Paid" status before.

The May 25 payment is also "Processing".

Now there's a June 15 "Manual" payment which is for triple the monthly amount and is "Paid".

How long will it stay paid before Prosper reverses it and puts it back into "Processing" status again?

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2010, 09:34:05 am »

I have one that was due to pay off on June 12.  The borrower posted a manual payment on June 21, and it failed on June 23.  It still says payoff in progress, and I've complained three times about it now.

The borrower says she's ready to pay it off from a new account, but hasn't received a response from customer service.  After reading MsTabby's notes, I would imagine that Prosper can't figure out how to accept a new payment when the loan shows payoff in progress.

Unbelievable.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

zapp05

• Fear the BitReaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2010, 10:52:04 am »

yep, they've done a wonderful job with one of their stated purposes of the big update, to "provide additional payment methods for borrowers"

it now actually seems to be harder than it used to be to make payments.

to date, i still can't make payments on my loan directly from my prosper account, which i've been able to do from day 1.

no-whammies

• I'm not your buddy, guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2010, 05:01:57 pm »

The good news is they are announcing the changes...  The bad news is they've adjusted the scoring mechanism.  Again.   

...So, you though you were only loaning to AA?

Improved Prosper Score
A new Prosper Score has been developed that incorporates more recent performance history. The improved score will replace the Prosper Base and Prosper Enhanced Scores.

Criteria Changes
The student loan category and automatic funding option are no longer available for borrowers and will no longer appear on listings. Borrowers can still choose to fund their listing "manually" once it reaches 100% funding.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2010, 05:13:38 pm »

The good news is they are announcing the changes...  The bad news is they've adjusted the scoring mechanism.  Again.   

...So, you though you were only loaning to AA?

Improved Prosper Score
A new Prosper Score has been developed that incorporates more recent performance history. The improved score will replace the Prosper Base and Prosper Enhanced Scores.

Criteria Changes
The student loan category and automatic funding option are no longer available for borrowers and will no longer appear on listings. Borrowers can still choose to fund their listing "manually" once it reaches 100% funding.

Shocker, they've made moves to hide more of their worst performing aspects...

They could have saved some time and just announced "We've removed more of the red flags that lenders have used to better their returns by avoiding garbage".

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:13 pm »

http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=123773

Loan's final payment was due on April 27, 2010.

Borrower owes $33.15 on this loan which has not been credited to lenders; the payment is "Processing" but the loan status has been moved to "Paid".

This is 3 Months Late, certainly not "Paid".
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up