Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bank of America Credit-Card Unit Loses $373 Million on Defaults  (Read 7682 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Bank of America Credit-Card Unit Loses $373 Million on Defaults
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:40:55 pm »

Full article available without subscription...
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aaCdPylW8B.U&refer=home

Bank of America Credit-Card Unit Loses $373 Million on Defaults

By David Mildenberg

Oct. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Bank of America Corp., the largest U.S. consumer bank, lost money on credit cards for the first time since its January 2006 purchase of MBNA Corp. as more borrowers missed payments amid the slowing economy.

The card-services unit lost $373 million in the third quarter, compared with a profit of $1.04 billion in the same period last year....

bamalucky

• View Profile
Re: Bank of America Credit-Card Unit Loses $373 Million on Defaults
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 02:43:42 pm »

I don't understand who's buying on the market & why?

There's just nothing to get a good feeling over.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

AmexFan

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 02:58:13 pm »

For a total loss of $1.413 billion for the quarter compared to the same period last year?

BOA still keeps sending 0% BT offers.

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:35:06 pm »

For a total loss of $1.413 billion for the quarter compared to the same period last year?

They all are, to some extent. What I think is interesting, is the amount of "for the life of the balance transfer" I am getting. I think it is great that I can borrow from Citi at 1.9%. I put the card away, because new charges are at a higher rate and all payments go to the lower rate. Where can you go and borrow 10K at 1.9%? Plus, if you just make the minimum payment, it will take years to pay off. It is like I got a 15 year loan for 1.9% that I can pay off at any time.

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:38:27 pm »

They all are, to some extent. What I think is interesting, is the amount of "for the life of the balance transfer" I am getting. I think it is great that I can borrow from Citi at 1.9%. I put the card away, because new charges are at a higher rate and all payments go to the lower rate. Where can you go and borrow 10K at 1.9%? Plus, if you just make the minimum payment, it will take years to pay off. It is like I got a 15 year loan for 1.9% that I can pay off at any time.
If the say payment is 1 hour late, they raise rate and terms.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:01 pm »

So don't be 1 hour late. I have a few 0 and .99% BTs. I epay everything and have it arrive there 2 days before it's due.
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Loan_shark_74

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 03:41:15 pm »

That is why you always pay early and use online banking to pay your bills. It can't get lost in the mail and takes only 2 days to go through. My payments are cleared by Citi a full week in advance.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 07:38:51 pm »

I am shocked to learn that a professionally run banking company has suffered defaults just like us ignerant amachoor lenders.
 ::) ::)

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:54 pm »

I am shocked to learn that a professionally run banking company has suffered defaults just like us ignerant amachoor lenders.
 ::) ::)
Don't worry, government will bail them out.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

AmexFan

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 09:28:29 pm »

Would be funny if we were bailed out by the government via SEC's decisions in regards to Prosper.

TJGbank

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 07:20:05 pm »

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:50:32 pm by TJGbank »
Dot org was once a great place for discussion, conversion, and stock tips.  Now it's a wasteland of IRA01 calling people morans, cunts, and more while members stand around watching it happen and they don't give a shit.  Congrats white toast observers.  I have better ways of spending my time.  My Parthian shot, Nice Tie!

ToySoldier

• Lord Savage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 01:01:32 pm »

They reduced my CL last week. Canceled the worthless CC. Good riddance. Bad idea getting it in the first place.
What Is Woke? - by Critical Drinker w/ 648,000+ views - https://youtu.be/LhRC6PQbCDo?t=75

You buy Bitcoin when you realize you were wrong

I'm "Right-Wing"?!? Not quite...
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37842.msg809141#msg809141

As our resident Jim Cramer
Pages: [1]   Go Up