Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: James  (Read 8045 times)

James072466

• View Profile
James
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:13:55 pm »

Greetings:

What is your experience in P2P lending?

I came across Prosper.com during my MBA studies in late 2007.  I had a professor that was hip to everything involving finance, internet, and human interaction - and he discussed the concept in a lecture.  So in early 2008, I took out a small loan on that P2P platform, to test it out, and paid it off within 3 months (I think), as promised.  I have to say I really enjoy the concept, and when administered properly, I believe it can be an excellent avenue for anybody who acts responsibily.

When it does come out of the quiet period, if still a functioning company, I do plan on taking out another loan for a larger amount than the first loan - for various purposes.

How did you end up at Prospers.org?

I really don't know.  Before "they" went into the quiet period, I was researching on whether or not their 'loans' were considered securities by the SEC, and must have come across this site at one point or another.  I wish there is more traffic on this site, because I find the insight of the members stimulating.

Where to do you live?

Saint Petersburg, FL - or if you live on the 'south side' during the riots: St. Pistolsburg.

What do you do?

I raise two children, with another on the way.  I also work as a "knowledge" worker in the financial industry for one of the very few firms that has not been pushed to the brink (or beyond) of financial collapse.  What idiots those other firms were.

Other Hobbies?

I used to play in a band in college that toured nationally, but kids put an end to that dream.  I don't really have anytime for my own hobbies, so they are more activities that I share with the kids - like train sets, puzzles, swimming, etc.

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
Re: James
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:20:35 pm »

welcome
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

Hedgemaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:27:45 pm »

Greetings. Do you always talk to yourself like that?

James072466

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 05:41:45 am »

Greetings. Do you always talk to yourself like that?

Only on obligatory introductory threads.

Nontyper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:31:32 pm »

Hi ya'll.
** Note  that the information in this post may contain speculation, and in no way should be taken as legal advice. **
** The Posters nick is Nontyper, If you find a typo, you are not special. **

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »

Hello and welcome!
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:07:42 pm »

Saint Petersburg, FL - or if you live on the 'south side' during the riots: St. Pistolsburg.

Or if you goto Baywalk....

:(

Welcome.
The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

James072466

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:30:14 pm »

Welcome.

I wonder if their BK will help or hurt that problem.  I do find a lot more no-goodnicks at Park Side now.

JammingJAY

• Y35 \|/3 ÇÅ[/]'7!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 05:07:58 pm »

Welcome.

I wonder if their BK will help or hurt that problem.  I do find a lot more no-goodnicks at Park Side now.

I'd be happy if nothing changes downtown. The sidewalk cafe's and restaurants are quiet, all the noise is at BW, State, Janus and 1st night.

Only been to Park Side a few times since they razed PPM.

The old rule has changed: it seems that people now do have a right not only to their own opinions, but to their own facts.

I'm now trysexual. The GLBT folks are so behind (no pun).

James072466

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:35:15 pm »

Welcome.

I'd be happy if nothing changes downtown. The sidewalk cafe's and restaurants are quiet, all the noise is at BW, State, Janus and 1st night.

Only been to Park Side a few times since they razed PPM.

Yeah, I think its a nice sized downtown.  I used to work security at the State Theatre in college - and that place can be a happening spot from time to time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up