Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: So much for the re-opening!  (Read 25268 times)

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
Re: So much for the re-opening!
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2009, 05:48:39 pm »

What a pratfall. This would seem to answer the question, "Are they evil or just really incompetent?"  ;)

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 06:49:58 pm »

a
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:53:21 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

Nora_Lenderbee

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 07:04:21 pm »

Incompetence, with a huge dose of arrogance. I can't believe they thought the SEC wouldn't notice.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 07:44:12 pm »

I'm sure the SEC had some help....   :ninja:
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

czach

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 06:57:18 am »

*sigh* There goes my entertainment system. Now I will have to go back to Dish Network for my jollies.

Ah well.
CZ

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 08:36:42 am »

I hope Prosper is once again taking partial payments from borrowers.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

MsTabbyKats

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2009, 10:30:02 am »

No...I can't do it on my loan.

1 step forward.......and 2 steps back!

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2009, 10:42:45 am »

No...I can't do it on my loan.

1 step forward.......and 2 steps back!

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 09:35:30 pm »

We are writing to inform you that we are discontinuing our California intrastate offering at this time.
YEAH! I can get my money out now, even at $1.81 per day.
We have been overwhelmed by the outcry from potential investors around the country who want to participate in peer-to-peer lending.
How about the crying from the original lenders investors?
Therefore, after much consideration we have decided to voluntarily shut down our operation in order to complete our SEC approval for a nationwide peer-to-peer lending platform.
So, it was your choice to shut down?
Your current lender agreements will be unaffected; your existing loans will continue to be serviced; you'll be able to track and monitor your loans; and you'll be able to withdraw funds from your Prosper account.
Great! Because I was not going to sign the new lender agreements.
As a result of this decision, we will not be accepting new lender or borrower registrations or loans, or new commitments from existing lenders effective immediately.
Don't you mean effective like 6 months ago?
Until this process is complete, we are required to be in a quiet period and will be unable to respond to press, blogger or other inquiries related to our SEC registration process, even though we would like to.
Didn't you say up above it was a VOLUNTARY quiet period?
We want to assure you that Prosper is looking forward to being able to offer a transparent, durable and participatory lending institution very soon.
Get it right this time., especially the transparent part.  Because I want the servers to stay up until I get my last $1 out.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience or disappointment our decision may have caused.
I've been waiting for an apology.  How about answering my other customer service questions I'm still waiting on?
We want to thank you for your continued support and patience. We look forward to serving the needs of the community in the hopefully not too distant future.

Regards,
Prosper Marketplace, Inc
Regards, indeed.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:37:15 pm by Senator »
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 09:48:17 pm »

Ever hear the one about the five and dime that stopped selling baby strollers?

"We stopped carrying them, because we could never keep 'em in stock"

Prosper's stated reason for closing (lender outcry) makes about the same amount of sense.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2009, 02:21:15 am »

Fraudman has visited this morning.

Listening for lender outcry no doubt. 

Maybe try taking out the earplugs?
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2009, 08:19:37 am »

it must suck to be a reporter covering prosper and have your articles out of date by the time they are published
http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/articles/prosper-returns-to-peer-to-peer-lending-marketplace-52936.aspx
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2009, 09:42:10 am »

Here's what the site now says:

http://www.prosper.com/help/topics/quiet_period.aspx
Prosper is Currently in a Quiet Period

We have been overwhelmed by the outcry from potential investors around the country who want to participate in peer-to-peer lending. Thank you for your support and your letters to us.

After much consideration we have decided to voluntarily shut down our operation in order to complete our SEC approval for a nationwide peer-to-peer lending platform. As a result, due to regulatory concerns, and in the interest of working toward getting our registration statement effective as soon as possible, we are discontinuing our California intrastate offering at this time.

If you're an existing lender, your current lender agreements will be unaffected; your existing loans will continue to be serviced; you'll be able to track and monitor your loans; and you'll be able to withdraw funds from your Prosper account.

If you are a borrower with an existing loan, you will continue with your current borrower agreement and be unaffected by the registration process.

We want to assure you that Prosper is looking forward to being able to offer a transparent, durable and participatory lending institution very soon.

As a result of this decision, we will not be accepting new lender or borrower registrations or loans, or new commitments from existing lenders effective immediately. Until this process is complete, we are required to be in a quiet period and will be unable to respond to press, blogger or other inquiries related to our SEC registration process, even though we would like to.

We sincerely apologize to the Prosper community members for this inconvenience or disappointment our decision may have caused. We want to thank those of you who demonstrated your support through your active participation whether by investing with us again or referring friends to our site.

Thank you in advance for your understanding, support and patience once more. We look forward to serving the needs of the community in the hopefully not too distant future.

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2009, 11:26:35 am »

it must suck to be a reporter covering prosper and have your articles out of date by the time they are published
http://www.nuwireinvestor.com/articles/prosper-returns-to-peer-to-peer-lending-marketplace-52936.aspx

I posted a reply telling them to fact check before posting, and pointing out they had 5 days to do so. (My reply was put into pre-moderation limbo)

Now the whole post is gone.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2009, 12:46:34 pm »

The default setting for transfers is still to transfer money IN to Prosper.   ;)
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up