Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who else finds the Marketplace Performance page questionable?  (Read 3168 times)

onthefence

• View Profile

Who else finds the Marketplace Performance page questionable?

I do.  The pretty page is a little funky.  Outside of their custom credit rating,

One item that stands out is that the ROI they list

When was the extended credit data added?  What loan dates are missing?  The Prosper does not list the addition dates for extended credit data anymore.

Even worse, when you add extended credit data to your performance page search it no longer warns you that it has dropped all loans from given data prior to the addition of that extended credit.
http://www.prosper.com/invest/performance.aspx

Yo prosper.  That Performance search page was one of your golden gems that you did right from the get-go.  Please put that data & exclusion warnings back & give new lenders a fighting chance.
Lobby permission granted

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Who else finds the Marketplace Performance page questionable?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:58 pm »

Its worse than you think.  I believe those AA, A, B ... categories are not the old "credit scores", but the new "prosper rating".  In the new system, almost all of the existing loans are in the HR & N/C categories!

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:19:10 pm »

Nominate for the lobby.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 10:21:37 pm »

Second

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 10:41:51 pm »

I do give Prosper credit for properly annotating their graphs.  The problem is most new lenders won't know how to interpret it.  What makes it difficult for me to interpret is that I can't find the old information on when certain extended credit data was added.
Lobby permission granted

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 01:23:31 am »

I do give Prosper credit for properly annotating their graphs.  The problem is most new lenders won't know how to interpret it.  What makes it difficult for me to interpret is that I can't find the old information on when certain extended credit data was added.

It looks like most of it was added in Feb 2007......

pjz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 03:20:14 pm »

I do not see any projected losses due to lates and current bankruptcy proceedings:

"*Return on Investment: Lender Yield† - Credit Losses ‡
†Lender Yield: (Interest Paid - Servicing Fees + Lender Late Fees + Forfeited Group Awards - Collection Fees)/Average Daily Invested Balance
‡Credit Losses: (Charged-off Principal - Recoveries)/Average Daily Invested Balance
**Not Scored: Loans for which we could not retroactively calculate a Prosper score because all the credit variables necessary to calculate the score were not available. "
Pages: [1]   Go Up