Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper review at businessraid.com  (Read 15100 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile
Re: Prosper review at businessraid.com
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 11:18:31 am »

The reviews of prosper were found using the search engines and reading articles written about prosper. We do run a company that protects reputations but we do not represent Prosper.com as a client. The review was done because of an article I read about Prosper.com and thought it may be interesting to write about. I guess our review seems to be a little off and I think I have made that known in this thread. The new review will actually be a more negative toned review as I have found other articles searching this website that I wish I would have found before. Our reputation company is smarter than to write client reviews especially in this day of transparency. I think I have been more than fair keeping up with this thread and hope to make the new review reflect the views of the people as a whole instead of the few customer reviews I read. I look to receive more information and hear more stories about your experience with Prosper.com to help with the review. I have edited the review already to not mislead any others who may be reading the review and thinking about using Prosper. I am keeping the comments section open on the page and I am going to try to get a new review done soon.

It's impossible to search about Prosper & not find the negative reviews.

Guy,you are digging a big hole here.

You are gonna get to practice some reputation saving yourself now as you have been EXPOSED.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 11:19:50 am »

Ira should post his "indictment" again.  It sums things up very well.
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

businessraid

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:20 am »

Yeah all of those things are me I run a reputation management company but also enjoy promoting music and developing websites. So is Fred93 the one I should look at for information? I saw an article as well from Motley Fool that I had not seen before which has also changed my views on Prosper. I am not trying to protect Prosper it was basically just a bad job of being a reviewer that I have confessed to. Just started this website so this will help in the future to learn how to get more information on reviews. I will be checking out Fred93. Feel free to let me know if there is anything else I should look at.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 11:24:06 am »

I hate to hijack this thread about lifelock but in his review he failed to mention these things..

Robert J. Maynard, Jr., one of the co-founders of the company resigned after it was revealed that he had once been an identity thief himself

In February 2008, the credit information company Experian sued LifeLock for fraud and false advertising.

A class action lawsuit alleges that as of 2008, there are at least 25 people using Todd Davis' social security number and that the advertising claims are misleading.

He also fails to mention that everything lifelock does,you can do yourself for free.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 11:25:06 am »

I am not trying to protect Prosper it was basically just a bad job of being a reviewer that I have confessed to.

Will you be taking the lifelock review down for editing too?

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2009, 11:28:00 am »

The reviews of prosper were found using the search engines and reading articles written about prosper. We do run a company that protects reputations but we do not represent Prosper.com as a client. The review was done because of an article I read about Prosper.com and thought it may be interesting to write about. I guess our review seems to be a little off and I think I have made that known in this thread. The new review will actually be a more negative toned review as I have found other articles searching this website that I wish I would have found before. Our reputation company is smarter than to write client reviews especially in this day of transparency. I think I have been more than fair keeping up with this thread and hope to make the new review reflect the views of the people as a whole instead of the few customer reviews I read. I look to receive more information and hear more stories about your experience with Prosper.com to help with the review. I have edited the review already to not mislead any others who may be reading the review and thinking about using Prosper. I am keeping the comments section open on the page and I am going to try to get a new review done soon.
its not a joke that prosper has tried to stifle negative views. here is an example
http://www.chillingeffects.org/domain/notice.cgi?NoticeID=16686

and the response to that if interested.
http://prosperreport.appdesigns.com/letter_to_james_gale.pdf

the owner of these forums has been contacted by prosper's lawyers over the years as well. fortunately, he came through unscathed.

another example of stifling negative views is the fact that a great number of people here have been suspended on prosper simply for posting a link to this website in their profile.

so in summary, there is whole side of prosper that it may be diffucult to uncover. this site is one of the few places where you will see that other side, or perhaps the only side after you remove all of inflated marketing prosper puts out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:31:44 am by 112233 »
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2009, 11:28:17 am »

Karla F. of Legal Zoom (in Los Angeles) is listed as Prime-Elite's (in West Virginia) organizer.
I don't know what that means.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2009, 11:39:05 am »

I've always thought it was a journalist's responsibility to research something BEFORE writing an article??  :ninja:
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2009, 11:42:46 am »

I've always thought it was a journalist's responsibility to research something BEFORE writing an article??  :ninja:

He's not a journalist.  He's a young college student with some personality traits sampled from Corey and thePURPLEceo.

If you want to channel your anger about sloppy journalism, then the Washington Post is much more deserving of your energy.

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 11:47:41 am »

He's not a journalist.  He's a young college student with some personality traits sampled from Corey and thePURPLEceo.

If you want to channel your anger about sloppy journalism, then the Washington Post is much more deserving of your energy.

LOL, how true ;)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2009, 12:09:16 pm »

Ira should post his "indictment" again.  It sums things up very well.

I bumped my Summary of Prosper's Problems thread.  Although it is pretty dated, I think it still provides valuable insight on Prosper.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2009, 12:31:45 pm »

Thanks.
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

The_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2009, 03:01:40 pm »

Yeah all of those things are me I run a reputation management company but also enjoy promoting music and developing websites.

If you still like Prosper I know a borrower that may be interested in scamming....er....looking for a job.

The_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2009, 03:02:52 pm »

I don't think I'd describe Prosper's problems with the SEC as minor. If they have to buy back all of the old loans they are history.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up