Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some recovery action  (Read 3312 times)

HollowOak

• View Profile
Some recovery action
« on: January 14, 2010, 05:48:29 pm »

Well, let us celebrate the good things.

This loan (http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=105657) has been charged off, but I see Prosper made a substantial recovery equal to approximately half the outstanding balance on the note.  Nice work.

Added.

And for the old-timers here, remember the coffee shop and all the drama surrounding her loan? I see she paid off her loan in July of last year. Way to go.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:52:08 pm by HollowOak »
Old Stump
My blog

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
Re: Some recovery action
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:51:48 pm »

HollowOak

I agree that this is good news - however - this is one in a million. When will they do something about all the other dormant non-paying loans?

As always you are not the one I am angry with - it is Prosper the I have a beef with - all the rosy your going to make a mint investing in these loans crapola and then walk off and leave we Lenders with defaults and no hope.

dliebs97

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 04:59:47 pm »

I have one as well

http://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=150558

charge off balance was 42.04 now have received 64.55

have received a payment every month since july 08

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:55:41 pm »

That's very nice for you.  I haven't had that same experience.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Oak_Hill_Fire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 10:23:19 am »

My best post chargepff collection was for 6 payments in the 9 months following chargeoff for a total of $9. Last payment was last July. I had one other make 1 payment. Not much to get excited about out of the 38 total.
It would be easier to teach a chicken to tap dance than it would be to teach PROSPER common sense.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 02:31:42 am »

For me, Prosper's PCOCT have still resulted in a negative return.  Three months after AmSher got a collections payment for me, Prosper reversed it, claiming it was an NSF and that there was no deadline on reversing it.

So I tend to see their efforts as collecting from lenders to deadbeat borrowers.

I also had a loan that was making partial payments and abruptly stopped right after Prosper charged it off (and didn't sell it to a JDB as in the Lender Registration Agreement).
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 11:42:31 am »

I also had a loan that was making partial payments and abruptly stopped right after Prosper charged it off (and didn't sell it to a JDB as in the Lender Registration Agreement).

I had at least two loans like this, including one that had been making half a monthly payment every 6 weeks or so for many months prior to charge-off -- then nothing.  Not only was that perfectly predictable, but I and others actually did predict it as soon as Prosper announced their charge-off policy. 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up