Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Vs New Prosper notes...  (Read 15533 times)

Mark12547

• View Profile
Re: Old Vs New Prosper notes...
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 10:03:16 am »

By their own admission. borrower payments wouldn't nearly cover their operating expenses.

Their origination and servicing fees don't cover their operating expenses, but I am not so sure that borrower payments wouldn't.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:08 am »

There's no reason prosper can't just take borrower payments to operate on now.  Why file bk?

If they took Prosper 1.0 borrower payments, that would constitute theft.  If they took Prosper 3.0 borrower payments, that would constitute such an egregious breach of contract that lenders would probably sue them and have a receiver installed on an emergency basis.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 11:59:51 am »

breach of contract that lenders would probably sue them and have a receiver installed on an emergency basis.

I'm not sure that would fly because it's pretty clear that Prosper owns these loans..
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 01:49:11 pm »

breach of contract that lenders would probably sue them and have a receiver installed on an emergency basis.

I'm not sure that would fly because it's pretty clear that Prosper owns these loans..

Yes, Prosper owns the 3.0 loans, but Prosper also has an obligation to pay the lenders on those loans any money paid by the borrowers (less the servicing fee).

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 04:22:38 pm »

Yes, Prosper owns the 3.0 loans, but Prosper also has an obligation to pay the lenders on those loans any money paid by the borrowers (less the servicing fee).

Kinda like the corporate bonds companies sell & then don't pay on?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 05:07:00 pm »

Kinda like the corporate bonds companies sell & then don't pay on?

Companies go BK then -- they don't just stop paying bondholders and continue operations.  Creditors can actually force a company into BK.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 05:19:00 pm »

Creditors can actually force a company into BK.

Thats exactly how it works..Until then,they just keep spending creditors money

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 09:39:34 pm »

By their own admission. borrower payments wouldn't nearly cover their operating expenses.

Their origination and servicing fees don't cover their operating expenses, but I am not so sure that borrower payments wouldn't.
Yeah, You & Bama are right.
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

zapp05

• Fear the BitReaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 04:08:56 pm »

1) Hasn't Prosper already hired a company to service notes in case of BK?

Depends on what you mean by "hired".  There's supposed to be some sort of arrangement, but I doubt that Prosper has paid them anything.  Therefore I suspect it's just "talk".

of course, since Prosper lies all the time, it could be total baloney that they've got someone "lined up"

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 11:49:52 am »

So I think I am hearing in the event of a BK:
- Old Notes should continue to be serviced without threat
- New Notes could be serviced after the recent Prosper 'Bridge' funding is subtracted?

Perhaps, but there is no reason to believe the bridge loans would come first.

I see your eric's ROI has you at 3.74%, but Experian at 11.63%

Which one is more accurate?

Senator

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2010, 10:05:45 pm »

FWIW Eric's has me listed as

http://www.ericscc.com/lenders/senator

Portfolio Performance
Avg Interest Rate (unweighted):    14.40%
Avg Interest Rate (weighted):    14.40%
Experian Estimated ROI:    9.44%
EricsCC Estimated ROI¹:    -1.63%
Avg Loan Age:    1334 days

Eric's is MUCH closer - if not right on.  See my sig below
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:08:08 pm by Senator »
Stats as of 12/29/2010:
Total withdrawals: $3,488.87 minus (-) Total deposits: $3,600.00 = ($111.13)
Cash balance: $0
Principal value of active notes:  $0
Total active notes: 0 of 70.

Successful loans are made to persons who are on a clear path to financial stability. -Mjerryfirst May 18th, 2008.

I know that when I make my 10% those "unbelievers" will call it luck cause that will be the easiest way to excuse their mistakes. -Researchpro May 5th, 2009.

It's a great time to be poor and irresponsible in America. -PPT May 2009

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:17 pm »

So I think I am hearing in the event of a BK:
- Old Notes should continue to be serviced without threat
- New Notes could be serviced after the recent Prosper 'Bridge' funding is subtracted?

Perhaps, but there is no reason to believe the bridge loans would come first.

I see your eric's ROI has you at 3.74%, but Experian at 11.63%

Which one is more accurate?

Experian is useless, as it pretty much always has been.  it seems to project out as around 10% defaults (charge offs) as a worst case, which is laughable.   some serious flaws in that formula.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:00 am »

Of course borrower payments would cover expenses, but thats a ridiculous proposition.

lets do the math:  $67,000,000 in loan originations that are current* 3.5% payments per month = ~$2,345,000 per month in payments (but decreasing rapidly). They need about one third of that to cover expenses.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:28:02 am by kenL »

baeventures

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:01 pm »

Depends on what you mean by "hired".  There's supposed to be some sort of arrangement, but I doubt that Prosper has paid them anything.  Therefore I suspect it's just "talk".

of course, since Prosper lies all the time, it could be total baloney that they've got someone "lined up"

"In January of 2009 we entered into a back-up servicing arrangement with a company called CSC.  By this agreement essentially Prosper purchased servicing insurance on behalf of all lenders.  In exchange for a monthly fee, if Prosper were unable to continue servicing loans CSC will step into Prosper’s shoes and continue to service such active loans through their remaining life.  Upon such event CSC would also be entitled to Prosper’s future servicing fees.  CSC is a reputable company with an established track record of loan servicing and we are thrilled to have them as a partner [http://www.csc.com].

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support "

BAEVentures

brianguy

• aka DAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 03:44:44 pm »

"In January of 2009 we entered into a back-up servicing arrangement with a company called CSC.  By this agreement essentially Prosper purchased servicing insurance on behalf of all lenders.  In exchange for a monthly fee, if Prosper were unable to continue servicing loans CSC will step into Prosper’s shoes and continue to service such active loans through their remaining life.  Upon such event CSC would also be entitled to Prosper’s future servicing fees.  CSC is a reputable company with an established track record of loan servicing and we are thrilled to have them as a partner [http://www.csc.com].

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support "

BAEVentures

I've been assuming an announcement like this would come along one of these days.   who knows how reliable or trustworthy any of this is, but it's certainly necessary and good to know somebody at Prosper actually admitted it, and found some company to take them over.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up