Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Vs New Prosper notes...  (Read 15529 times)

Beerbud1

Re: Old Vs New Prosper notes...
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »

1) Hasn't Prosper already hired a company to service notes in case of BK?

Depends on what you mean by "hired".  There's supposed to be some sort of arrangement, but I doubt that Prosper has paid them anything.  Therefore I suspect it's just "talk".

of course, since Prosper lies all the time, it could be total baloney that they've got someone "lined up"

"In January of 2009 we entered into a back-up servicing arrangement with a company called CSC.  By this agreement essentially Prosper purchased servicing insurance on behalf of all lenders.  In exchange for a monthly fee, if Prosper were unable to continue servicing loans CSC will step into Prosper’s shoes and continue to service such active loans through their remaining life.  Upon such event CSC would also be entitled to Prosper’s future servicing fees.  CSC is a reputable company with an established track record of loan servicing and we are thrilled to have them as a partner [http://www.csc.com].

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support "

BAEVentures

I wonder if this is who they are talking about:
http://www.csc.com/credit_services

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »

Servicing is easy--if there is money in Prosper's account, someone can and will collect a fee to pay it to the appropriate party, be that a lender, an employee, a contractor, etc.

If there isn't enough money to pay everyone then you have a problem--why should the lender get 100 cents on his claim but the phone company has to wait and maybe get 20 cents?

Worry about solvency, not servicing.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2010, 07:15:43 am »

Depends on what you mean by "hired".  There's supposed to be some sort of arrangement, but I doubt that Prosper has paid them anything.  Therefore I suspect it's just "talk".

of course, since Prosper lies all the time, it could be total baloney that they've got someone "lined up"

"In January of 2009 we entered into a back-up servicing arrangement with a company called CSC.  By this agreement essentially Prosper purchased servicing insurance on behalf of all lenders.  In exchange for a monthly fee, if Prosper were unable to continue servicing loans CSC will step into Prosper’s shoes and continue to service such active loans through their remaining life.  Upon such event CSC would also be entitled to Prosper’s future servicing fees.  CSC is a reputable company with an established track record of loan servicing and we are thrilled to have them as a partner [http://www.csc.com].

Sincerely,

BAEVentures

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  They were thrilled to bring us the reputable AmSher too.   >:(
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

zapp05

• Fear the BitReaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 10:18:28 am »

Sincerely,

BAEVentures
yep, still doesn't mean it is true
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up