Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALL  (Read 4000 times)

joefoolz

• View Profile
MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALL
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:44:36 pm »

Hi all, i'm relatively new to prosper.   I've been avg 30 bux a month into prosper for all of 2010. Any advice for a new lender?

Beerbud1

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALL
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 06:47:58 pm »

Yes! Take a break.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 06:56:22 pm »

Welcome to Org.  Beerbud is right.  Let your loans sit and soak for a bit - and see how your loan-picking skills hold up over time, before you get too excited about your projected returns.

Also, we're going to assume that you have read (and generally understand) the risk-disclosures in Prosper's prospectus.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

joefoolz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »

Yes, my first loan was back in june 08. Majority of notes are 25$ increments.  I let it soak for 2yrs.  Still current. So when the quiet period ended , I started to buy more notes. 

My foray into prosper was due to curiosity.   

As I have read the discussions in this forum, there are apparently plenty of negative issues that people have expressed.

I try to see both sides of the coin.   

My views coming into prosper expecting 100% loss.  I made sure to pick all my applicants   with low scores.  Predominantly HR's  in the 30% rates.

So far, I have 20 notes that are current, 2 paid, and 2 that are late.   

Since Urbi and beerbud  are saying to curb my enthusiasm,   I'll just do the minimum $25min /month and reinvest the payments. 

As a whole, I'm delighted that people actually paid. 

What are your thoughts?  How long should I continue doing this before I ramp up the amount?    2nd yr $100/month 3rd yr $200/month?

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 09:17:53 pm »

My views coming into prosper expecting 100% loss.  I made sure to pick all my applicants   with low scores.  Predominantly HR's  in the 30% rates.

So far, I have 20 notes that are current, 2 paid, and 2 that are late.   

You know, with that type of expectation, Beerbud and I could save you a lot of time by allowing you to simply mail us checks every month.  ;D
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Beerbud1

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 03:11:55 am »

Combined we have 7 years experience lending. We wouldn't give the advice if we didn't think it was the best available.  Read these forums thoroughly before you invest any more of your money. Start in the Lobby! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up