Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper no longer the largest P2P lender. LendingClub claims top spot  (Read 13207 times)

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile

SLN reports that, as of this afternoon, LendingClub took the position as the P2P company with the largest amount of loan originations.

It's official. As of 12:45 PST 1/31/2011 Lending Club overtook Prosper:

Lending Club: $217,750,275
Prosper: $217,716,525

ETA:
http://www.sociallending.net/news/lending-club-overtakes-prosper-to-become-the-world%E2%80%99s-largest-p2p-lender/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:41:26 pm by Urbi_et_Orbi »
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
Re: Prosper no longer the largest P2P lender. LendingClub claims top spot
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »

It's getting crowded with p2p ads over on the SLN site.  Is Prosper back to the 10.4% claim now?

Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:49:15 pm »

Nominating to The Lobby!

jkeller4000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:02:22 pm »

the spread between lending and borrowing is the same for both. 2.9 difference, this is interesting they both should be doing they numbers by themselves, maybe they have the same fees and such which makes sense they want to be competitive.   so thats why lending club is winning :) you need people to want the loans! so they offer the lower borrowers interest rate.   so if they get into a bidding war, each lowering their base  rate to get more borrowers we the lenders will start to suffer maybe,

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 03:36:11 am »

With Prosper you get a higher rate, and you get the girl.  No comparison.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 04:17:18 pm »

Thanks Urbi for the plug. And yes, my site has ads - I spend quite a bit of time on it and want to recoup some pocket money.

And thanks for posting the picture of my ads. Someone at Prosper noticed this and sent me an email. I was running old versions of their ads. New ones are on the site now (http://www.sociallending.net/). Prosper now has a 4.5% spread in the ads.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 04:52:21 pm »

Thanks Urbi for the plug. And yes, my site has ads - I spend quite a bit of time on it and want to recoup some pocket money.

And thanks for posting the picture of my ads. Someone at Prosper noticed this and sent me an email. I was running old versions of their ads. New ones are on the site now (http://www.sociallending.net/). Prosper now has a 4.5% spread in the ads.

;D
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 05:32:06 pm »

I don't have a problem with you running ads. What I don't understand is how it is possible for you to display old ads? Doesn't Prosper control what ads they serve up?

Otherwise, how do they ensure their advertising complies with applicable regulations?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »

Otherwise, how do they ensure their advertising complies with applicable regulations?

Since when has Prosper worried about that?
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 07:41:38 am »

I don't have a problem with you running ads. What I don't understand is how it is possible for you to display old ads? Doesn't Prosper control what ads they serve up?

The problem stemmed from their affiliate partner I use, Adworkz. The ads had been updated with them, but it seems there was a problem with their automatic update feature.

Urbi_et_Orbi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 07:03:15 pm »

The problem stemmed from their affiliate partner I use, Adworkz. The ads had been updated with them, but it seems there was a problem with their automatic update feature.

I see your site is still displaying the 10.4% claim as of today.  Has Prosper updated their ads again, bumping up their ROI claim at the same time they lowered their rates?

http://www.sociallending.net/state-of-the-industry/interview-with-senior-management-at-prosper/

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 08:27:55 pm »

I see your site is still displaying the 10.4% claim as of today.  Has Prosper updated their ads again, bumping up their ROI claim at the same time they lowered their rates?

I just went and double checked and I have the latest versions of the ads. Even though they are now claiming on their web site that it is 10.1% returns for lenders, the ads all still say 10.4%. This is after the update of ads from earlier this month.

SLN

• View Profile
    • Lend Academy
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »

Just an fyi to everyone, Prosper finally changed their ads today so that they now read actual returns 10.1%.

DCS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 02:09:11 pm »

At this moment, there is an ad on SLN's site from Prosper advertising for borrowers to get a loan at "rates starting at 5.9%."

When I look at actual listings on Prosper, the lowest I see have a borrower APR of 4.99%.  Why didn't Prosper use this number, as that appears to be where the borrower rates really start?

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 02:58:56 pm »

At this moment, there is an ad on SLN's site from Prosper advertising for borrowers to get a loan at "rates starting at 5.9%."

When I look at actual listings on Prosper, the lowest I see have a borrower APR of 4.99%.  Why didn't Prosper use this number, as that appears to be where the borrower rates really start?

Maybe they can't keep up with all their promotions and rate tinkering...  :ninja:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up