Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: just another prosper article  (Read 19355 times)

kenL

• View Profile
Re: just another prosper article
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 02:47:27 pm »

Yes, thanks.  And further for the record that's an average -4.95%. Mine's about -9%, although Ken has me at -5.5ish. -$426 on $5200 loaned.
Don't forget 4.95% is a rate of loss not a total loss. Your ~9% loss is total. But you lost it at about a 5.5%/year clip.

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 04:00:37 pm »

Yes, thanks.  And further for the record that's an average -4.95%. Mine's about -9%, although Ken has me at -5.5ish. -$426 on $5200 loaned.
Don't forget 4.95% is a rate of loss not a total loss. Your ~9% loss is total. But you lost it at about a 5.5%/year clip.

And I'm sure that makes it all better......
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »

Let me again say it's not the return that matters to most of the posters here - it's the misdirection, changing of terms, lying about collections, lack of transparency and over lackadaisical attitude of Prosper. 
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

pioneer11

• 7/27/07-1/28/23
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »

Let me again say it's not the return that matters to most of the posters here - it's the misdirection, changing of terms, lying about collections, lack of transparency and over lackadaisical attitude of Prosper. 
Right on!
Why should I save a dog for $19 per month when I can save a child for $10 per month?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 07:12:48 pm »

We don't agree about much, but here is something we definitely agree on.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

kenL

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 08:09:02 pm »

I have no problem with your complaints. I just want to discuss other things too.

onthefence

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 09:37:57 pm »

Not me.  I care about the return first and foremost.  And there is a risk component that affects the return.  The other items you mentioned " the misdirection, changing of terms, lying about collections, lack of transparency and over lackadaisical attitude of Prosper" are all issues that affect risk.
Lobby permission granted

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 11:43:13 pm »

Not me.  I care about the return first and foremost.  And there is a risk component that affects the return.  The other items you mentioned " the misdirection, changing of terms, lying about collections, lack of transparency and over lackadaisical attitude of Prosper" are all issues that affect risk.

I'd say that risk and return matter.

However, when what we can see is Prosper being careless in observing their contracts, posting average ROI figures that are way off, having misleading advertisements, being capricious in treading on lenders who are following the Lender's Agreement, and banning those who bring to light fraud that Prosper would otherwise not act on, ignoring warnings that lenders bring to their attention of borrowers who are basically posting in Prosper's own forums that they intend to commit loan fraud, how can we then believe Prosper when they tell us to trust them?

While I got roughly 10% return on my investment after all is said and done, I consider the risks too great to consider investing in them again because of Prosper's past behavior.
Free! I am free from Prosper!

God-Father

• Pay up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 12:06:12 am »

And besides, you would need to find another mommabear to put half your investment in to get that kind of return again.

https://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=250548
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up