Public Boards > Introductions

Student interested in studying P2P lending

<< < (3/3)

312lender:

--- Quote ---Wrong again.  I am (like every other Prosper 1.0 lender with the probable exception of Prosper employees) a potential class member in a putative class action that has not yet been certified as a class.  I am not a named plaintiff in that lawsuit, nor am I personally involved in it.
--- End quote ---

Oh, I didn't know you weren't part of the lawsuit.  The way you were licking your chops at the prospect of taking lender -- I mean Prosper -- money made me think you had more than a personal stake in it. 

God-Father:

--- Quote from: P2PNoob on June 22, 2011, 02:09:14 pm ---Hi!

I am an intern for a new P2P lending startup(don't know if I should say). But actually I am still kind of new to the P2P lending system, so I will have a lot of questions for now. I have mainly been lurking the boards, but I will probably ask for your help in completing surveys and suggestions for possible improvements to the current p2p lending model in the future. Nice to meet you guys and it's great to see such an active community!

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

?

Urbi_et_Orbi:

--- Quote from: 312lender on June 23, 2011, 01:52:29 am ---
--- Quote ---Wrong again.  I am (like every other Prosper 1.0 lender with the probable exception of Prosper employees) a potential class member in a putative class action that has not yet been certified as a class.  I am not a named plaintiff in that lawsuit, nor am I personally involved in it.
--- End quote ---

Oh, I didn't know you weren't part of the lawsuit.  The way you were licking your chops at the prospect of taking lender -- I mean Prosper -- money made me think you had more than a personal stake in it. 

--- End quote ---

I love how you "serve the public interest" by "warning" people about my alleged bias, yet your limited posting history here is littered with you repeatedly being corrected for asserting claims that are factually and demonstrably incorrect - or simply stuff you made up (such as claiming Ira is a plaintiff). This stuff is basic and well-known to anyone here who has paid even peripheral attention. You keep bloviating about the litigation and huffing about the contents of Prosper's regulatory filings...yet you obviously haven't bothered to read any of it.

Compared to you, I am hard pressed to see how anyone here would conclude that I am somehow a fountain of disinformation.

Like everyone else, I have a point of view - and it has clearly been influenced by more than 5 years of personal experience and accumulated knowledge.  I fail to see how this is somehow unusual or a rational basis to suggest that some people's opinions are less valid.  I suspect the original poster is smart enough to evaluate posts on their individual merit.

By the way, you could simply take the time to read the operative complaint.  It seems like a reasonable and useful exercise for someone with your professional aspirations.

P2PNoob:
Thank you for your concern.

I am glad that this is such an opinionated community since the opinionated consumer fills out surveys in most detail.
But yes, I understand that this forum is not a representative of the whole P2P lending community.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version