Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper class action update (for lobby)  (Read 119153 times)

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: Prosper class action update (for lobby)
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2013, 10:48:39 am »

I was actually referring to this document:

RESPONSE TO DEFTS' OBJECTIONS TO REQ FOR JUDICIAL NTC IN OPPOSITION TO SUMMARY JUDGMENT (TRANSACTION ID # 48892219) FILED BY PLAINTIFF HELLUM, CHRISTIAN BOOTH, DAVID INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHLF OF ALL OTHERS SIMILARLY SITUATED
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:56 am »

RESPONSE TO DEFTS' OBJECTIONS TO REQ FOR JUDICIAL NTC IN OPPOSITION TO SUMMARY JUDGMENT (TRANSACTION ID # 48892219) FILED BY PLAINTIFF HELLUM, CHRISTIAN BOOTH, DAVID INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHLF OF ALL OTHERS SIMILARLY SITUATED

I really like all of the stuff coming from Green. He just straight up calls Prosper on all of their BS false tactics they are trying to use in their court filings.

Did Prosper really think they could get away with arguing that Federal law doesn't apply to them because they complied with a State law?

Beerbud1

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2013, 05:42:50 pm »

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:02 pm »

I really like all of the stuff coming from Green. He just straight up calls Prosper on all of their BS false tactics they are trying to use in their court filings.

Did Prosper really think they could get away with arguing that Federal law doesn't apply to them because they complied with a State law?
Some pot heads in Colorado would like to know more about this
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

xraider

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »

That's a nice response.  Good job!
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2013, 08:43:39 pm »

New Judge on The Case:

Better than average chance he too won't die of old age waiting for Prosper's delaying tactics to be exhausted.
"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2013, 09:25:03 am »

Thanks for the heads up.  The actual order isn't posted yet, but here is the docket description:

ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR SUMMARY ADJUDICATION AND GRANTING AND DENYING REQUESTS FOR JUDICIAL NOTICE AND DENYING PLAINTIFFS' MOTION TO STRIKE SEPARATE STATEMENT AND DENYING APPLICATION TO SEAL

Looks like a complete strike-out by Prosper.  Its motion for summary adjudication was denied (I assume the summary judgment was denied as well), and so was their motion to seal the documents.  I can't wait to hear the Prosper ass-kissers try to spin this.  Assuming that this doesn't result in the VC's pulling the plug on Prosper now, by failing to kick in more money in the next month or so, Prosper is simply going to have to settle, for a very substantial amount of money -- or else face a bankrupting jury verdict.  Let's face it -- this case has no jury appeal for Prosper.  Does it really think that ordinary jurors are going to be in the least bit sympathetic to it?  To say nothing of the fact that the law and the facts are also against it.  Once the SEC determined that Prosper sold unregistered securities in violation of the law, its goose was well-cooked. 

The actual order is now available.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2013, 09:36:23 am »

From the court order denying Prosper's motion:

[...] and I have inferred from other undisputed facts that in the event of Prosper's failure there would be no effective means to recoup the loan proceeds.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2013, 10:04:33 am »

Thanks for the heads up.  The actual order isn't posted yet, but here is the docket description:

ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR SUMMARY ADJUDICATION AND GRANTING AND DENYING REQUESTS FOR JUDICIAL NOTICE AND DENYING PLAINTIFFS' MOTION TO STRIKE SEPARATE STATEMENT AND DENYING APPLICATION TO SEAL

Looks like a complete strike-out by Prosper.  Its motion for summary adjudication was denied (I assume the summary judgment was denied as well), and so was their motion to seal the documents.  I can't wait to hear the Prosper ass-kissers try to spin this.  Assuming that this doesn't result in the VC's pulling the plug on Prosper now, by failing to kick in more money in the next month or so, Prosper is simply going to have to settle, for a very substantial amount of money -- or else face a bankrupting jury verdict.  Let's face it -- this case has no jury appeal for Prosper.  Does it really think that ordinary jurors are going to be in the least bit sympathetic to it?  To say nothing of the fact that the law and the facts are also against it.  Once the SEC determined that Prosper sold unregistered securities in violation of the law, its goose was well-cooked. 

The actual order is now available.

That's a pretty useless order, considering that it basically just says "for the reasons I announced in court."  It would be nice if Plaintiffs' Counsel posted a transcript of the hearing, so those of us not present could see what happened. 

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2013, 11:59:20 am »

a
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 04:51:25 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2013, 09:03:12 pm »

If by accident we win, will there be money to pay all the claims?
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

Beerbud1

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2013, 09:54:12 pm »

No and no

We won't win by accident. Depends on what the judge decides.

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2013, 10:14:27 pm »

No and no

We won't win by accident. Depends on what the judge decides.

Winning won't be an accident. 

Whether there is enough money depends first and foremost on whether the deep-pocketed individual defendants are also found liable.  If they are, there should be plenty of money -- many of them are quite wealthy.  If not, then Prosper will almost certainly go BK if there is a big judgment in the class action.  Then how much money is available to pay the judgment depends on whether we can reach all the P3 loans.  If so, then we will all be unsecured creditors of Prosper, on equal footing, and we would all (the class and the P3 lenders) share proportionately in all of Prosper's assets (including the P3 loans).  We won't get 100%, but we should get quite a bit. 

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49:18 pm »

So,we need new lenders  :ninja:

J/k.  I'd rather the money come from the liars who just kept lying.  Larsen and Witchel.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2013, 07:32:41 am »

If by accident...

I suspect the meaning was intended to be the opposite of, "If, according to plan..." 
No P1 lender planned to win a class action lawsuit when they started lending.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up