Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Prosper class action update (for lobby)  (Read 118695 times)

Capital_Finance_Group

• View Profile
Re: Prosper class action update (for lobby)
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2012, 06:29:33 am »

Email notification received this morning - eom

Cushie

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 07:53:04 am »

Got it at 4:24 this morning.

Staneslav

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2012, 08:20:21 am »

a
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:16:14 pm by Staneslav »
Look to my coming, at first light, on the day of the Cub's mathematical elimination. At dawn, look to the NL Central.
My apologies to Tolkien.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 09:58:25 am »

Prosper had the wrong email for me for some reason. I changed it. Hopefully I am still in the loop.

I think questions like this, if you're unsure, are appropriate for the folks at Strategic Claims Services.
Email address and phone number on the home page of www.prosperclassaction.com

(FWIW, got my notice Sunday night.)

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 10:55:21 am »

I got mine. It was blocked by my spam filter because it came from Amazon's email services which are sometimes used by spammers instead of Prosper themselves.

I wonder how many Prosper lenders will never receive this email because of this.

rogerwaite

• AKA mrbalingwire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 11:54:17 am »

I got mine. It was blocked by my spam filter because it came from Amazon's email services which are sometimes used by spammers instead of Prosper themselves.

I wonder how many Prosper lenders will never receive this email because of this.
Did you get a copy of the message in you Prosper account, too?

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 12:33:23 pm »

No. Has anybody gotten a message in their Prosper account?

Mine says:
You have not received any messages in the last 7 days.

TotoMMB

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:44 pm »

Mine says:

Seeing as how it didn't come from Prosper, I don't know how/why it would show up in that inbox. They'd be the last ones to inform it's customers. The only way I could see that happening was if they were legally obligated to do so - like banks, when they send notices that your account info may have been compromised.

Xenon481

• Feeling Gassy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »

Mine says:

Seeing as how it didn't come from Prosper, I don't know how/why it would show up in that inbox. They'd be the last ones to inform it's customers. The only way I could see that happening was if they were legally obligated to do so - like banks, when they send notices that your account info may have been compromised.

They (Prosper) are legally obligated to inform their customers. They are choosing to do so through this email from a domain other than Prosper and I assume via a snail mail campaign as well. You'd think that it would be easy to use their internal notification system as well.

NewHorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 01:25:57 pm »

They (Prosper) are legally obligated to inform their customers. They are choosing to do so through this email from a domain other than Prosper and I assume via a snail mail campaign as well. You'd think that it would be easy to use their internal notification system as well.

A 3rd party, Strategic Claims Services (SCS), is ordered by the court (dated May 8th, filed May 16th) to handle the notices.  Once Prosper (misspelled "Proper" at one point in the order :) ) supplies the Class List to SCS, I can't imagine what would motivate SCS to establish a process which coordinates their own notification procedures with Prosper's proprietary messaging system.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:28:32 pm by NewHorizon »

Roadhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 05:26:26 pm »

I didn't get mine yet but I registered my address at the link on the first page http://www.prosperclassaction.com/ and got a very quick response saying that they had gotten the updated information...

rogerwaite

• AKA mrbalingwire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 07:04:49 pm »

I didn't get mine yet but I registered my address at the link on the first page http://www.prosperclassaction.com/ and got a very quick response saying that they had gotten the updated information...

Brilliant, just did that myself. Now I don't have to sweat this anymore today. Haven't had this much fun since I learned from Fred about the default trend after the first six months.

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2012, 08:22:36 pm »

My wife got hers on Saturday, May 26, 2012 3:13 PM
I got mine on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:28 AM

Fun stuff.

havastat

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2012, 11:55:13 pm »

Got mine.

One question newbies might want to know is, who are these plaintiffs?

It's not uncommon for class actions these days to be started by lawyers for the benefit of lawyers. These days lawyers list agreeable aquaintences as plaintiffs willing to be figureheads in a suit that ends with the lawyers getting big fees, and the class getting maybe a $5 coupon off a new purchase as their "relief."

Do we have any reason to think this class action won't turn out that way? Will the class action lawyers actually work for the class's interest here? Why?

ira01

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 12:15:55 am »

Got mine.

One question newbies might want to know is, who are these plaintiffs?

It's not uncommon for class actions these days to be started by lawyers for the benefit of lawyers.

At least two of the class representatives are long time Prospers.org members who still post here regularly.  Neither knew the lawyers representing the class before the class action (one of those lawyers came here looking for plaintiffs shortly after the SEC's cease and desist letter against Prosper). 
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up