Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are thre no experienced lenders posting at connect.prosper.com?  (Read 5718 times)

HollowOak

• View Profile

Poor guy.  He notices something is wrong at their forums, but he doesn't know why.

https://connect.prosper.com/t/980.aspx
*  FlyHigh
Why are there so many newbies?

New to Prosper ready to learn. I noticed in my snooping around and learning that so many lenders are recent enrollees.  Where are the 2006 enrollees, those wise sages with good advice.  I have seen a few but not as many as I thought I would. Also I searched to try to find profiles which would provide me with this information in a more reasonable format but was unable.   

How long have you been lending?

Discussion here.

Feel free to link to good excerpts from the topic here is you wish.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 11:08:18 am by HollowOak »
Old Stump
My blog

AmexFan

Re: Why are there no experienced lenders posting at connect.prosper.com?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 11:24:00 am »

It is hard to "connect" at connect.prosper.com (their new heavily moderated forum). Some of us have posted at the new forum, but the Moderators there are not publishing the posts to the forum, for a variety of reasons.

It used to be much easier to connect at Prosper in the forums they had up until last month. So many connected well enough there that plenty of us found out about Prospers.org as another discussion forum over time. Now it seems that here is the only (or the best) place for Prosperians to truly "connect".

gelt4u

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 11:53:44 am »

the new fora at connect.prosper.com are useless.

one cannot have a conversation there because:

1.  the replies take hours or days to appear
2.  navigation is difficult
3.  so many of the replies are censored or deleted that what is left makes no sense.

I am NOT one who has a knee-jerk negative response to every action Prosper has taken.  In fact, I like many of their choices.  Nonetheless, Prosper's evisceration of the fora make it harder to educate oneself and to improve one's lending abilities.

As one who used the old fora as a tool to get and maintain true double-digit returns in my ten-month old portfolio, I do miss the ability to truly connect at prosper.com.  In fact, I joined the community here only upon the demise of the old fora, to maintain some of the ability to connect and continue to educate myself.

bamalucky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 12:31:51 pm »

I'm even banned from viewing & i have $29,000.00 in loans..
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 12:37:10 pm by bamalucky »
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Mark12547

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:44:24 pm »

That's because you are more valuable than most of us! You are saved the trouble of reading the too-sweet-for-Disney posts, let alone spending your valuable time composing replies that will most likely fail moderation (only about 15% of my replies made it through), and then wonder why only incomplete replies made it to public view.

See, you are more valuable than the rest of us fungible lenders!  ;)
Free! I am free from Prosper!

Tokyo Joe

• View Profile
Re: Why are thre no experienced lenders posting at connect.prosper.com?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 08:07:18 am »

Bump.  I noticed a Guest viewing this thread, which has been buried for awhile.  I wonder how many users of the .connect forum are starting to wonder about this?

In a few more months, nobody will even notice. But right now, it's still new enough that a paucity of older users is noticeable.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 10:59:19 am »

baby/bathwater .. prosper values their profiles and forums more than the bottom line.

it would be a simple matter to set profiles and forum participation to read-only for those people they do not like but they have instead decided it's such a big issue that kicking out an entire generation of customers is the only solution.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 11:36:23 am »

I know HO started this a while back, but the .com boards are COMPLETELY useless. The major issue is, of course, the moderation. Besides not many of us wanting to spend time writing 10 posts only to have a small percentage of them go through, but when you have a thread started and then MANY posts saying the EXACT SAME THING because P-----r sits on the posts for up to 2 days before they allow them to go through, it makes it so ridiculous to try to navigate.

P-----r didn't want the forums. They make it impossible to find. They didn't want lenders and borrower who had been screwed posting negative sentiments. They have their "blog" now (and I use that term SO loosely) where everything is puppies and sunshine. They did exactly what they set out to do. One of the few times P------r followed through.........
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:07:57 pm »

Some of the fault was ours. Experienced lenders got frustrated with high defaults, low Prosper support, and nonsensical rule changes; many resorted to inappropriated (rude, nasty, childish) behavior in the forum.

Prosper's inability to moderate and control the outlandish behavior of a great many posters, threw up their hands and just closed down the most useful tool lenders had. Most of us agree it was an over reaction, but in Prosper's mind, a necessary tactic if they were ever to get back control of their business.

There are times when I think the same thing will eventually happen on this board. Many of the oldsters (God, am I calling myself an oldster?) seldom post over here because of the same stupidness.

A word to the wise - don't fall for the constant baiting a few over here tries, just to get a rise out of the room.
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

Risk_Reward

• [quote author=ira01 link=topic=29057.msg527926#msg
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 07:22:18 pm »

Some of the fault was ours. Experienced lenders got frustrated with high defaults, low Prosper support, and nonsensical rule changes; many resorted to inappropriated (rude, nasty, childish) behavior in the forum.

Prosper's inability to moderate and control the outlandish behavior of a great many posters, threw up their hands and just closed down the most useful tool lenders had. Most of us agree it was an over reaction, but in Prosper's mind, a necessary tactic if they were ever to get back control of their business.

There are times when I think the same thing will eventually happen on this board. Many of the oldsters (God, am I calling myself an oldster?) seldom post over here because of the same stupidness.

A word to the wise - don't fall for the constant baiting a few over here tries, just to get a rise out of the room.

OK Mrs 572 posts, that rarely posts here.   ::) 
Real libertarian

msava

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 07:34:57 pm »

Was not talking about myself when I said rarely posts. However, 572 posts is nothing compared to the thousands I had posted on the other side.

I was proudly one of the top ten most boring posters over there, hmmm wonder where I stand here?
" Ten percent of what you eat feeds you, 90 percent feeds your doctor."

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »

I was proudly one of the top ten most boring posters over there, hmmm wonder where I stand here?

http://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?NOaction=stats

I don't know if it's possible to get more than the top ten.

I was shocked to learn that I'm #5 in threads started.  I've started almost twice as many threads here (114) than at the old .com forums (66).
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

Risk_Reward

• [quote author=ira01 link=topic=29057.msg527926#msg
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 08:35:35 pm »

Was not talking about myself when I said rarely posts. However, 572 posts is nothing compared to the thousands I had posted on the other side.

BS

Many of the oldsters (God, am I calling myself an oldster?) seldom post over here
Real libertarian

mothandrust

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 12:24:43 am »

Another major change is that Prosper set up the forum by design so that borrowers and lenders are blocked from interacting with each other.

What kind of marketplace blocks buyers and sellers from doing business with each other? 

"Fake quotes will ruin the internet" -- Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up