Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 100 lenders  (Read 41176 times)

bamalucky

• View Profile
Top 100 lenders
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:16:09 am »

38 lenders out of the top 100 have current bids.Since i have been monitoring,that is an all time low.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

xraider

• View Profile
Re: Top 100 lenders
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:17:11 am »

Is Rateladder_com one of them?  Too lazy to check.
Prosper missed me.  They lifted my suspension a day early.

RateLadder_com

• View Profile
    • RateLadder -- Prosper.com Lender Blog, Lending Strategy, Rate Analysis and Personal Finance
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:18:09 am »

I have active bids, but I am not in the top 100...  top 2000 though.

Cheerful_Lender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:33:02 am »

I have active bids, but I am not in the top 100...  top 2000 though.
Any chance you could maintain a graph of this?  I've always been interested in top lender stats, especially activity among them.

PatriotLender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 02:22:16 am »

Using an arbitrary measure of what constitutes a veteran lender, here's one picture of their exodus:

Only 4% of veteran lenders have bid recently.1 Just 50 lenders out of 1,243. (I quickly recognized one Prosper EE among the active bidders in this group. A better eye might find more--thus skewing an already abismally low figure.)

And among lenders of a later vintage:

Greater than 44% have bid recently.2 Or, 13,477 lenders out of 30,423.

Quite the unhealthy disparity.

1 Eric'sCC filter used: Avg. loan age > 500 days; loan count at least 1.
2 Eric'sCC filter used: Avg. loan age between 1 to 500 days; loan count at least 1.

traveler505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 02:36:41 am »

Using an arbitrary measure of what constitutes a veteran lender, here's one picture of their exodus:

Only 4% of veteran lenders have bid recently.1 Just 50 lenders out of 1,243. (I quickly recognized one Prosper EE among the active bidders in this group. A better eye might find more--thus skewing an already abismally low figure.)

And among lenders of a later vintage:

Greater than 44% have bid recently.2 Or, 13,477 lenders out of 30,423.

Quite the unhealthy disparity.

1 Eric'sCC filter used: Avg. loan age > 500 days; loan count at least 1.
2 Eric'sCC filter used: Avg. loan age between 1 to 500 days; loan count at least 1.

There's an inherent bias in using average loan age to identify veteran lenders, since the quickest way to increase one's average loan age is to stop generating younger loans.  Because Prosper is not all that old, the bias becomes more extreme if you use a number like 500 instead of, say, 180; it is extremely difficult to have a 500-day average loan age when the oldest loan is about 700 days, if one is still bidding.

The better measure would be sign-up date, or first loan, but that's not a sortable field on either Eric's or LS.  I don't know if it's accessible through ProProsper, but I think the point would be best made by calculatig the percentage of lenders who signed up more than 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, and 100 days ago who are still bidding, or something along those lines.
"Trav, you can always take up another hobby..." -- BigGulp

Now blogging at http://blog.traveler505.com, home of the MNH Reports and other commentary on Prosper.com and P2P lending in general.

Need Help with Credit Repair & Rebuilding?  Try CreditBoards.com.

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:41:59 am »

The better measure would be sign-up date, or first loan, but that's not a sortable field on either Eric's or LS.  I don't know if it's accessible through ProProsper, but I think the point would be best made by calculatig the percentage of lenders who signed up more than 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, and 100 days ago who are still bidding, or something along those lines.

It looks possible to do this with ProProsper, I just don't know how.  Maybe I need to PM lep...

leporello

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 09:46:18 am »

It looks possible to do this with ProProsper, I just don't know how.  Maybe I need to PM lep...
I'll be happy to generate these stats. Stay tuned.

leporello

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 10:31:12 am »

OK.  Spreadsheet is attached. I was amazed by these numbers.

Specifically, of the 563,937 members who have ever signed up for Prosper, only 34,956  (37%) have ever placed a bid.

The spreadsheet has 5 columns:
(1) Days Since Registration:   0, 100, 200, ..., 700; the earliest registration is from 780 days ago.
(2) # Members:                    how many members registered that long ago
(3) # Members w/bid:            how many of the members who registered that long ago have ever bid
(4) # Members w/bid
          in past month:           how many of the members who registered that long ago have bid in the past month
(5) Percentage left:              (4) divided by (3) as a percent

Anything else people want to see, let me know.

I am reasonably confident that I did the calculations correctly, but I'll be happy to re-verify anything that looks suspicious.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:32:46 am by leporello »

res2

• View Profile
    • MyListWatcher
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 10:38:19 am »

Specifically, of the 563,937 members who have ever signed up for Prosper, only 34,956  (37%) have ever placed a bid.

(1) Days Since Registration:   0, 100, 200, ..., 700; the earliest registration is from 780 days ago.
(3) # Members w/bid:            how many of the members who registered that long ago have ever bid
(4) # Members w/bid
          in past month:           how many of the members who registered that long ago have bid in the past month

I am reasonably confident that I did the calculations correctly, but I'll be happy to re-verify anything that looks suspicious.

how many members are lenders(able to place bids)? did you figure that in to your calcs?

HollowOak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 10:51:37 am »

(4) # Members w/bid

how many members are lenders(able to place bids)? did you figure that in to your calcs?

Define "able to place bids?"
Old Stump
My blog

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 10:54:58 am »

Can we get a past history on these?  I.E. go back in time 1 month and run it again to see if people are slowing down.  Or is this something we have to run every month?

leporello

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:30 am »

(4) # Members w/bid

I assume "able to place bids" means registered as a lender, i.e., the Role field in the member object matches '%Lender%'.

Regardless, I did not take that into account.

leporello

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 10:58:34 am »

Can we get a past history on these?  I.E. go back in time 1 month and run it again to see if people are slowing down.  Or is this something we have to run every month?
I think I can take that snapshot as of a month ago. Hang on. I'm not sure, however that I won't exceed the timeout of ProProsper.

res2

• View Profile
    • MyListWatcher
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 11:55:59 am »

(4) # Members w/bid

I assume "able to place bids" means registered as a lender, i.e., the Role field in the member object matches '%Lender%'.

Regardless, I did not take that into account.

yep thats it, no point in counting members who only joined to give endorsements or anyone else who is not a "Lender" as they could not have ever placed a bid...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up