Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: leporello  (Read 2299 times)

leporello

leporello
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:19:52 pm »

What is your experience in P2P lending?
I started lending on Prosper in October 2006 after reading an article in the WSJ. I have invested over $100,000 into the platform, and was at one point probably one of the 30 largest lenders. Prosper has done enough boneheaded things, at a corporate level and to me personally, including several ethical lapses (some probably verging on the illegal), that I have completely stopped lending on Prosper. In fact, I asked to have my Prosper membership suspended, and that request was attended to nearly immediately. I will attend Prosper Days 2008 and plan and look forward to asking a number of incisive questions.

How did you end up at Prospers.org?
After Black Friday, I decided this is where the real action would be. I tried it, I liked it, and I'm here now. Deal with it!

Where to do you live?
Washington, DC

What do you do?
I work in Biomedical Informatics at the National Library of Medicine in NIH. I work with a lot of scary smart people, many of whom are MD/PhDs (one lady here is an MD and has *2* PhDs).

Other Hobbies?
I collect wine and antique Persian rugs; another hobby of mine is inadvertently getting on the wrong side of bama.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 11:44:26 am by leporello »
Pages: [1]   Go Up