Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bankomatic  (Read 2865 times)

bankomatic

• Tyrant and Slave Master
    • View Profile
bankomatic
« on: December 22, 2007, 03:25:25 am »

What is your experience in P2P lending?
I wanted to have some bond market exposure to stay diversified. However, with the bond yields being terrible at the moment I thought picking loans was good substitute, and liked the idea of prosper so I started making loans here, but that kinda came to a grinding halt when prosper shut down the forums and really started cracking down on criticism. The more I find out about prosper the less I like them as a company, seems like every surprise I find out is something negative.

Why did you end up at Prospers.org?
Prosper shut down the regular forums and established insane moderation rules on the new forums, so I came here.

Where to do you live?
New Jersey

What do you do?
I would tell you, but then I would have to kill you.

Other Hobbies?
The stock market. I currently (12/22/07) hold shares in the following companies:

BAC  GOOG  HAL  MA  NVDA  RIG  UA  VIP  GLW

Feel free to critique my stock picks. (Yes, I know BAC and other financials are going to be hurting in the near term, but I am hoping to dollar average on the way down until the inevitable rebound which may not come until 2010)

http://www.lendingstats.com/lenders/bankomatic

ducks

• November 24 is Thanksgiving Day
    • View Profile
Re: bankomatic
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:51:45 am »

I'm dollar averaging on the way down with a financial, too. They are still the same companies doing the same business, and the economic situation is temporary. In a few years, we'll have forgotten all about this, the same way we forgot about the last economic crisis. Investors have short memories.
Predictit.org portfolio (originally invested $100):
$182.47 withdrawn
$141.33 left in PredictIt

Pages: [1]   Go Up