Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Citizen Responds To Prosper's Threats Against prosperreport.com  (Read 112672 times)

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
Re: Public Citizen Responds To Prosper's Threats Against prosperreport.com
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2008, 01:18:29 pm »

nothing new ..
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

you're

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2008, 04:49:40 pm »

I think I got an answer today. There was no violation in my member page and so far, Prosper isnt replying to my request for clarification.

Dear xxxxx,

Your account has been suspended for repeated policy violations related to your member page.

For future reference, your Prosper support case number is xxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

This email was sent to xxxxxxxxx registered as 112233 on Prosper. We will never send you an email which does not contain the full name and screen name that you registered with.

you're

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 04:50:38 pm »

I think I got an answer today. There was no violation in my member page and so far, Prosper isnt replying to my request for clarification.

Dear xxxxx,

Your account has been suspended for repeated policy violations related to your member page.

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

This email was sent to xxxxxxxxx registered as 112233 on Prosper. We will never send you an email which does not contain the full name and screen name that you registered with.

They never cease to amaze me..........
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 04:51:26 pm »

Dear xxxxx,

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

Unfortunately, they do state they can suspend your account for any reason they want, or no reason at all.  "Spite" falls under the "any reason they want."

leporello

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 04:51:44 pm »

Dear xxxxx,

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

Call them up. They might even answer the phone.

misssalaska2000

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 04:53:12 pm »

But, in that case, why even cite a reason?  Especially an erroneous one at that?

leporello

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 04:54:43 pm »

Dear xxxxx,

Sincerely,
Prosper Customer Support

Unfortunately, they do state they can suspend your account for any reason they want, or no reason at all.  "Spite" falls under the "any reason they want."

Right, they can do whatever they want, but they provided a specific reason -- violations in his member page, which is presumably a lie.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2008, 04:54:54 pm »

if they do reply, I probably will get the standard set of Prosper links so I can go on a fishing expidition trying to guess what they applied

you're

cubbiesnextyr

• Suspended since 12/13/07
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2008, 04:55:02 pm »

But, in that case, why even cite a reason?  Especially an erroneous one at that?

It's not erroneous.  112233 had mentions of .org in his profile, so it did deal with his profile.

leporello

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2008, 04:56:45 pm »

But, in that case, why even cite a reason?  Especially an erroneous one at that?

It's not erroneous.  112233 had mentions of .org in his profile, so it did deal with his profile.
I just looked at his member page, and the violations are still there. They haven't even deleted what they canned him for!

misssalaska2000

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2008, 04:57:57 pm »

I stand corrected.  I thought he said he didn't have links or mentions of .org, and I didn't bother to go look for myself.

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 04:59:04 pm »

no mention of this site was in the profile. I have the text saved at home. I will post it when I get there.

you're

• View Profile
    • Prosper Report
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 05:00:56 pm »

I just looked at his member page, and the violations are still there. They haven't even deleted what they canned him for!

in that case Ill quote the text now

About me? I enjoy many things. I love computers and programming. Coin collecting is another hobby of mine.

Another hobby of mine is being an advocate of the standards and procedures for electronic records and signatures, better known as spers. Lots of people ask me about why I am pro spers.orginally (and for good reason), learning the system of another vendor was in truth difficult. spers is about successful integration of e-commerce platforms where all those involved can prosper.common protocols are key to communication between these e-commerce systems and spers's goal is to build these protocols, something I am an advocate for.

you're

leporello

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2008, 05:01:38 pm »

no mention of this site was in the profile. I have the text saved at home. I will post it when I get there.
Strictly speaking, I suppose you're right, but that's cutting it very close.

http://www.prosper.com/groups/member_home.aspx?screen_name=112233

Mtnchick

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 05:08:25 pm »

Strictly speaking, I suppose you're right, but that's cutting it very close.

http://www.prosper.com/groups/member_home.aspx?screen_name=112233

Ya gotta admit they are reaching there - especially since it was so darned clever ;)
Classic comment from Urbi to a poster who said they were leaving:

"Once again, we note that your threats are hollow and you come across like a sad, lonely blowhard.

I doubt anyone here gives a shit about you.  We pretty much all know that you are a vile and unethical parasite of a human being with an abnormal craving for attention."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up