Prospers.ORG Prosper Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Prospers.ORG!   Login here

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In The News: Prosper's People-to-People Lending  (Read 2194 times)

Mark12547

• View Profile
In The News: Prosper's People-to-People Lending
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:28:16 am »

"Prosper's People-to-People Lending" showed up on Google alerts, pointing to this article: http://commodities.ad-hoc-news.de/Commodities/en/15012748/Prosper's+People+to+People+Lending+Market+Survey+Dec+2007

It's amazing how Chris Larson can come up with different classification of loans ("Prime Select Loans", "Near Prime Select Loans", "Sub Prime Select Loans"), ways to data mine without appearing to data mine, as if we knew what those terms were and could bid accordingly.

At Prosper, we also saw a dramatic switch in the prime versus subprime market with subprime declining from over 25% in 2006 to barely 5% currently. This change reflects both a changing external market as well as a maturing of the Prosper marketplace.

Maturing? I think it is part the more widespread knowledge of how bad HR defaults are, and part the new bidding advisory. I knew Prosper had to do something to help reduce the defaults or otherwise their days would be numbered, so I think the bidding advisory is a definite step in the right direction. Too bad Prosper tends to take two steps backwards for every forward step.  :(
Free! I am free from Prosper!

Urbi_et_Orbi

• "Lock Him Up" - Suspended Since 9/3/2009
    • View Profile
Re: In The News: Prosper's People-to-People Lending
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 11:56:52 am »

You've gotta give it to them - nice spin-work with the smoke and mirrors messaging.
Mothandrust: "Why's he off the ballot in Colorado but it's OK for the other 48 states and Hawaii to vote for him"
https://www.prospers.org/forum/index.php?topic=37264.msg807090#msg807090
Pages: [1]   Go Up